I have closed my borders to ALL

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Capt_Bill_1st, Sep 17, 2019.

1. I'am thinking about leaving EMC.
    I'm sick of players thinking my Out Post as there "FREE" shopping mall in the wild, from killing all my live stock, harvesting my crops and not replanting to stealing what ever is not nailed down, and come on... why take one section of map of my out post. Mine cart chests are always empty and even striping the armor stands, killed my Polar bear, let out my Blizz -Ard I renamed "Chillie" and took him down to 1/2 life. let out Villagers from my trading center and they were turned into Villager Zombies.
    This is not the server I joined almost 3 years ago.

I'm just not happy with what is going on!

Capt_Bill_1st
  2. :oops: Thats terrible! If you need anything though to repair I'd be happy to give you some materials.
  3. You can make a report about this. report.emc.gs for more info.

You can PM Kryssy at pmcm.emc.gs as well.

Griefing is severely punished and will be dealt with by the staff.

I can provide some materials as well if you need them :)
  4. Well, if you had said not the same as when you joined and it was 3 years, 1 month and 4 days ago, I would have said yea, it would have been much worse, because prior to August 14th, 2016, you did not even have the ability to nail anything down. There are many of us that remember those days, and can relate to this mostly uncommon event these days, but every now and then we get a rogue squadron that wants to incite chaos into someone's world.

I too am appalled to hear what has happened to you, and would like to help if possible. I don't have a store to pull from, but would be willing to do what I can to help out. Recently I gathered several villagers from the waste while roaming about out there and could donate some of those if it would help. As far as crops, I also have lots of potatoes.

I think as more of the community actually hear about this, you will find this is still the one you joined long ago, for there are still many who will take a stand for their fellow Empirean and lend a hand, donate goods, donate time, and help you get back on your feet if at all possible. Do, however, beware accepting fish from any of those folks on SMP8, and if they offer to give you a DC, really beware, you might wind up marrying the entire server.

On a serious note though, I applaud Caronyx's comment and second that motion.

Also, if you just need help patching things up, I might could come out on the weekend to lend a hand on an alt if need be. Let us know how we can help, and observe as the positive side of the server greatly outweighs the few bad apples.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
  5. If you need any supply let me know, I even have some villagers eggs you can have if need be. So sorry that some players feel the need to destroy other work.
    Capt_Bill_1st, KatydidBuild and 607 like this.
  6. Capt_Bill_1st...
    I am disappointed that such a thing is happening on EMC. Letting the villagers escape, harvesting your crops and killing livestock is just not the EMC way. If there is anything that I can do to help you (materials or repairing your Outpost), please respond to this thread. I have marked it as watched.
    Sincerely Mutavalli

7. Howdy! First off, I'd just like to say you're not alone in this buddy. There's only so much you can do to prevent this. For those of us who've been here as long or longer, this once common struggle that happened many times on a day to day basis is declining thanks to the staff team. Yes, it still does happen, unfortunately, but I can assure you there are plenty of people here who would rather help you than to see you off. Let us help you get back on your feet bud.

I offer my service and materials to you in this time of need, until it is no longer required.
    If you need an extra hand repairing and collecting things, you can send me a private message and I'll be ready to pitch in. My outpost can wait for me. I'll be waiting. Take care Bill!
  8. Looks like everything I would've said has already been covered by the previous comments, but just to reiterate, definitely message staff to look into it! If they get caught then it prevents them from griefing other people (which is obviously great).

Staff stuff aside, come find me if you want help with repairs :)
  9. I am so sorry to hear this.

Reporting the situation is an important step. And so is using build mode. At the end of the day, this tragedy isn't your fault.

I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in repairs. If you'd like to tell us where your outpost is, we can coordinate some efforts to bring you replacement materials and do some work.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help and if there's anything specific that needs replacing. I'll do my best. :)
  10. 1. Report the griefing to staff. Let that process get started.

There are some issues with reporting griefing to staff. I have made a suggestion about making this process easier and making the information on exactly how staff wants this reported to them for the best outcome. The answer so far, is that they are working on it, as they found an issue that needs fixed first.
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads...about-reporting-to-staff-on-the-forums.80405/

2. Polar Bear - on the plus side, he is still around. If someone else could confirm, I think egging him and re-placing him would get him back to full health.

As to harming the polar bear, I have made that a suggestion, as well. No egging or killing a named mob or 'pet'. Add your comments to the thread. Chickeneer is listening :)
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-cannot-egg-a-named-mob.81148/

3. As far as repairing the griefing - I have voters gear and am ready to help. I do happen to have a store in town and access to some extra basic materials. I run a basics shop - not a huge mall. But i also have a public crop farm there.

And I have ready-made weakness potions for throwing at the zombie villagers to turn them back. Golden apples to feed to them are the next step and g'apples are easy to get ahold of.

4. Going forward - protecting your outpost with retroactive blockbreak is a ss service. It will cost a few rupees but help with some of these issues going forward.
  11. To all that have responded to my post, I thank you all for the kind offers of help and support. I have been hit 3 times over the past 4 months before this and the amount of thing taken from me is to large to list and I have reported them all to staff but nothing could be done about the thefts. This time was the smallest "raid" yet but enough to put a Bee in my Bonnet and piss me off. Most damage has been repaired and set right again, except for my pet Blizz-Ard "Chillie", he is down to 1/2 life and will never be healthy a gain. I'am rather self-sufficient and by no means impoverished. I believe that if some one needs something and asks for it I will most likely give it to them, that's my philosophy. you don't have to steel from me.
    Thank You all again for listening and for your support.

Boarders will remain closed until further notice.

Capt_Bill_1st
    607, Mutavalli and Nickblockmaster like this.
  12. Oh just one more thing to add.
    As in RL the criminals will never stop breaking the Rules/laws because they do not fear the Police, the District Attn, The Judge or going to jail. The criminal will only stop breaking the Rules/Laws when they start to fear their next potential victims.
    Rules and Laws mean nothing to those that don't care.
  13. Hey Bill, very sorry to hear this, and wanted to add my name to the list if you need anything. I never started at outposts until Buildmode was possible, and even buildmode entirely around my Blizz and Turkey mobs to protect them.
    I guess you probably started your outpost long before, but did you know Senior Staff can still add protection to existing builds? and I would be happy to help donate rupees towards such a cause. Dont know how else you would keep others out unless you roofed the entire outpost.
  14. We lost another EMC player. Capt_Bill_1st, I've seen you on SMP 1 quite an amount. It's a shame that I never got to know you in-game, but I totally understand your issue. If I were in your situation, I would be quite upset as well...

Goodbye my fellow EMC player... :(
  15. You are sadly correct, I am afraid to agree with you, but .... the truth is, you are correct. :mad:
  16. thank you, I do appreciate being noticed, how ever I'm not gone yet. I have to back off and just close the out post for a bit and then I will Re-evaluate the situation. but for now I stepped back and will stay away for a bit.
    607, HazardousCode and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  17. I'm sorry you have been having these problems. I really hate griefing and any inconsiderate behaviour :(
  18. I build with the full expectation that my outposts will be griefed. Public areas are kept public. All hard-to-replace resources are kept under build-protected lock-and-key. Meaning that I block off passageways with glass (so people can still look in). IF someone decides to fill my builds with gravel, I have measures in place to know who-dun-it.

Villagers are kept under glass. Livestock I cannot afford to lose are kept under glass. Crops, too.

Want to lock a chest without having to pay 1k? Put it in a glass-box. Build and plan with the expectation that some fool is going to drip their stupid all over your art. Don't want someone putting in blocks in a specific area? Find a way to occupy all the volume. Torches on non-build-protected blocks are vulnerable. Items in frames are vulnerable. Want your map-art to remain intact? Turn on /buildmode and place the work in a glass case.

If said goobers do leave something behind, consider it evidence. I would surmise most blocks are tracked for who placed said blocks.

Always expect someone to try to break our ... stuff.
  19. btw just a single protected block (that stops you from opening chest) on top of it will work
    HazardousCode likes this.
  20. Mail me a list of some of the stuff you're missing. Although not really active anymore I still have access to the GRIP assets and this sounds like a good goal.

Also... where is your outpost located? The further away you go the harder it becomes for players to mess with your stuff. also: /buildmode. Make sure that whatever you build is protected, make sure that your chests are locked (this can also be done by placing protected blocks on top) and if you use a railway make sure it's hidden.

And as for your rail.. did you hide it? I always suggest to build the real rail in the nether (also because of the 1:8 distance change) and hide it. With a lock for example. For example, the entrance to the rail heading to my outpost is protected by redstone. You need to place a redstone torch in a certain location and then a secret door opens. Aya & me also rebuild the (netherrack) walls using /buildmode so that you can't easily stumble upon this entrance (which is also a little distance away from the outpost). Result is a relatively safe entrance. Going to the outpost, by minecart,

Maybe something to consider?

I'd be happy to help, but... my playing time is very limited these days, I'm mostly available during the weekends.

One way or the other do consider sending me a list of stuff which got stolen...
    607 likes this.