I do art and drew some cool stuff

Discussion in 'Artists' Gallery' started by Joniia, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Hello!
    So, up until now, I stuck to anatomy (bones, specifically), animals, and little small sketches of things, but I decided it's about time to start drawing people. Since I'm a freshman now, I felt I was lacking in this area. I've drawn a few cartoonish things, but these are just a couple of my real portraits that I've worked really hard on. I'd love some friendly criticism and reviews! I'm striving to do my best. I have not gotten into coloring yet but have been working on shading (not these ones particularly, but others). Anyway, I'm rambling on so...

tl;dr - Here's three portraits I did. None of them are complete. The last one is vent art. Give me criticism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

I might post some more in the future. Keep in mind, I just started these in the past few weeks and I'm just a freshman so I'm definitely new to this! The two first sketches are portraits of real people so they may look kind of strange, but I guaranteed I tried my best to translate their appearance. The last one is from my somewhat angered brain.
  2. I was gonna say something about the last one being a little angry lol

I really like these, the first one in particular - esp the lips - they arent easy to draw :D great job!
    607, MoreMoople and Joniia like this.
  3. Holy crap these are good
    First two definitely have some GRIS vibes to them
    Keep up the good work :)
    607, Eviltoade and Joniia like this.
  4. Aah! Thank you so much. I love GRIS and the art style, so that's a huge thing to me.
    607, Rhycicles and Eviltoade like this.
  5. These look awesome! :D I've been working on faces lately, and they definitely aren't easy, but you're doing good, so keep it up! :)
    607 and Joniia like this.
  6. *makes clicking noise with mouth* Noice
    Joniia likes this.
  7. Much better than me honestly!

As for criticism, I don't have anything bad to say, maybe add a bit more shading and maybe make the lines a bit darker, and if you want to add colour, something abstract and cool, like purple or green skin!

Other than that, good job, keep it up!
    Joniia likes this.
  8. Are these going to have collaging backgrounds? I notice the sunflower in the back of the first one and the left side of the hair seems like it is doing something different, and the Glasses in the second one do not seem to be naturally interacting with the subject. SO I find myself wondering if these are elements that are going to be doing something else at a finished state.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am very interested to see these finished! I am bad at people, so it is cool to see someone step out of their comfort zone and do it so adeptly.
    Joniia likes this.
  9. The first one actually was used in a collage, hence why it is set up in such a way. However, the second sketch is as finished as it will get because it is actually a quick sketch I did of my friend, and part of her hair is not totally complete as she changed her position. When I am able to get back to the studio at my school on Tuesday, I can definitely post the finalized version of the first sketch. Thanks for your interest!
    607 and Bosoc like this.
  10. here is a guide to lips i have made 4 u
    Ritunn, 607 and Sprhyngtime like this.
  11. oh tyvm!
  12. I drew this kind of.... space demon thing(?) that is actually loosely inspired by a redraw contest. Anyway yeah. Take this.
  13. But in portraits it would usually be closed, right?
    Bosoc likes this.
  14. I really like ya art! It’s look so cool
  15. yup, though some ppl (like younger me) struggle with the opening aspect of lips, plus drawing closed ones are easy once you see how it works when opened lol