I am sick and tired of these issues

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by thecontroller, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that penalty is harsh...
  2. Well, it's just a start :)
    Besides, living on smp8, I have to deal with the noobs first hand.
    So you see why I am so harsh :p
    imBobertRobert, mba2012 and battmeghs like this.
  3. not really
    battmeghs likes this.
  4. Oh heavens you guys. EMC isn't going to die. Having ideas is fine, but trying to scare people into thinking, EMC is going to fail or die, is just silly and I'd request that you stop posting such slander. We're doing very fine. Yes, we have things to add and improve on and are getting to it. If you think we're just sitting and twiddling our thumbs, you are very much mistaken. We're a VERY small team that we're working on expanding (in both moderating staff and technical staff for new features/improvements). But, please give us time. NOTHING about running a server is just as simple as "add it please, we need it". If it were, we'd have a ton more things ready by now. EVERY single thing that gets added/changed to EMC has to take into consideration a billion other things it might effect, like other plugins/features.

Now, onto your "complaints":

I've probably personally spent a good 10-11 hours alone in the past few weeks going around the servers and killing hordes of chickens/mobs. Anytime we get a complaint about this, Shaun or myself gets to it as soon as we can. So, trust me, as annoying as it is for you, it's more for us...so until we find a solution (which IS being discussed), please hold tight.

No matter how difficult we make the maze, there will always be people who find ways around it, get answers from friends, etc. I've seen a few youtube videos that show how to get through it as well. If you're as excited about growing the community as we are, instead of complaining about those who do take the easy way out, show them how to properly do it. It will take a few seconds of your time and will show them we're a HELPFUL community. If you can't be bothered to help others, simply do /ignore.

It is one of the things in our pipeline. Please see my original statement on this. It's not as easy as pressing a button as you might want it to be (and heck us too). We'll announce something when we get to it. Right now we have more pressing issues to work on (Making sure we're ready for 1.3 when it comes out).

The reason other servers have more votes, is because they SLAM this in their face. I've been to many other servers that have higher votes, just to see...and in the game I get messages every two minutes. [[[MAKE SURE TO VOTE FOR US AND GET FREE DIAMONDSSSSSSS!]]]. A lot of other servers also require you to vote BEFORE you get whitelisted...which is down right dirty, but it works for votes. I REALLY don't want us to become a server that spams it's members for votes. We may consider making a small section on the front page though, assuming the majority of the community wouldn't mind. We're working on finding deals with other voting sites as well, and will get this section up and going a bit better in the future, possibly adding more "rewards" as well.

I'll be the first to say, if you're bored here, don't feel the need to stay. We all have things we like and don't like. I personally and the majority of players LOVE it here still. We have a LOT of awesome things (which I can't announce yet) that people are going to love down the road. It's a process. You're asking for us to do everything and do it RIGHT NOW! Do you want things just sloppily thrown in, because there are servers that do that and will happily welcome you into their spammy chat servers. OR, would you rather have it done RIGHT, the EMC way? The way you know will be more fun, more unique and with the best possible performance available.
  5. i deal with noobs to "canz youz makez mez modz"
  6. Although I don't want to be a part of this "issues" thread, I do just want to point out that the issue with new people not knowing what to do is not a new thing. It has been happening since when I first joined months ago. It's always going to happen. You can't avoid it. Even with a harder tutorial they will still find a way to guess. It's not like Justin and Jeremy are going to say.. "Uh no, sorry. You don't know that answer so you're not allowed on here." We want the community to keep growing and we should be grateful that there is such a thing as the Empire Guide which we can point the new people in the direction of. I know it gets annoying some times, but we are supposed to be this happy family-friendly community so HELP them instead of raging about how stupid they are. I would love to know if all of you have ever not known something on EMC.. and when you asked a question were you given a snarky remark or were you helped?

Bad attitudes aren't going to fix your problems.

You were once a new member, remember that, and now think about if you would be on EMC if the community acted like you are now.

/rant.
  7. I'm glad some people get it. :)
  8. I had one on smp4 saying "im from planet minecraft, make me OP now!" -.-
    imBobertRobert and battmeghs like this.
  9. Haha, that's a common tactic. They eventually do find young kids who don't know better and will trust them with the "op" status, only to find them griefing their server a minute later.
  10. i also got "mekeifi meeee anmon nowe or meeee killl yooooouuuu!!!!!"
    imBobertRobert and battmeghs like this.
  11. Yeah, you managed to swoop in before me though :p
    ISMOOCH and battmeghs like this.
  12. when i first joined about two months ago i wrote almost all the stuff down so i wouldn't bother the other players or annoy mods with all my questions i found the answers to most things in the guide i am still learning certain things but i look for the answers through this site it takes me very little time to find the answers why can't they just do it like i do
  13. Because you are sensible, and you do it right. But we both know that is never going to happen. Its just a fact of life, people try to get things the easy way. And I'm not just talking about in-games here.
    ISMOOCH and battmeghs like this.
  14. Props to you for doing it right. However, don't let threads like this one deter you from asking questions to the community and mods. 99% of us are MORE THAN HAPPY to help you out. EMC is simple, but not common knowledge for anyone, as it's a learning process for anyone new. If you ever ask someone for help and you get a bad response, don't let that be EMC's view towards you, just find another person/staff member and you'll be taken care of. :)
  15. I understand but its been a long time, I was a server owner myself but I quit because of money shortage. I understand you guys have real life and staff responsibilities but its been about 2 months that EMC has not added anything. 2 months is enough time to fix certain issues. The chicken egg issue is a simple code that can be simply added in the check build flag in the Residence code.

The maze issue can be fixed by this idea:
    It doesn't require allot of memory and it is fairly moderate to code.

The voting issue:
    I do understand that some servers shove it in your face to vote, but EMC's vote reward is too little. Even back then as a non-supporter I felt that the reward for voting is too small. Raising it to 100 rupees can raise the bar for voting. Or maybe a special potion effect that can be activated by "/voted reward" which will give you a special potion effect like a speed effect for 8 minutes. My ideas are thought out to fit EMC's standards.

As for the ender dragon:
    I can't really say anything about this but heres a concept:
    Whenever EMC checks the end world in a daily basis it will check if theres a ender dragon or not. If there is a existing ender dragon it will not spawn an ender dragon. When there is no ender dragon detected it will spawn a ender dragon BUT... this ender dragon will not drop the egg or make a portal. It will only drop XP which will be a huge benefit to the players. As for those who will say "BUT its an unfair advantage that they're gonna unbalance the enchanted economy" well your wrong, its not easy to kill the ender dragon. You need friends to help you fight it, maybe instead of the dragon dropping XP directly down it can determine the players that has attacked the ender dragon and take a share of the XP so not only one person will consume this XP.
    (Remember: This is in a daily basis)
    battmeghs and sqiggleyjeff like this.
  16. The New servers mostly have a residence tax, the voting will give just the right amount so they dont lose the stuff they build, but it also forces voting...
  17. Yes but I read the rules and guidelines, I never really asked the obvious things that are pointed out in the EMC guide or signs across EMC. You might be right, you might also say not every is like me. Your right, but cheaters can't always win.
  18. EMC is a lot more complex than you think. We're not a plug-it-in server. So, what you might be used to being "simple fixes" with what you used to run, we're a lot different here. The reason for the lack of updates in the past couple months is simple. Justin was closing up a part of his life on the East Coast with his job and moving his family (including new born baby) to the West Coast. His position at his last job was EXTREMELY high and important and took up 90% of his day to close up all the loose ends properly. He just got moved into his new home and is already in the process of looking into and fixing a lot of these issues/problems EMC has, as well as looking into more programmers to help us expand more/faster.

There's really not much more that can be said, other than, we ARE working on it. Please don't assume we're doing nothing, and most of our hours being awake are working on EMC things, even if you can't really "see" them up front right away. Our moderating staff puts in sometimes more hours than a part time job for the sake of the community, which I can't say for any other community I've ever seen.

Give us time, EMC is going places, we promise. We're just not wizards who can do it RIGHT NAO!
  19. but i cant wight!!!
    battmeghs and IcecreamCow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.