Hurricane Matthew - I'll be off EMC Until the Internet Comes Back

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Nekyasai, Oct 5, 2016.

1. good luck, stay safe, this hurricane looks bad
  2. as of now I will not be affected since I am in pennsylvania, and as of now it is supposed to go up to North Carolina and then head east a bit and then possibly go back south, but if the path changes though I might be affected, I've been through Irene and Sandy though so I kinda know what you will be going through, anyways.... Stay Safe!
    Kytula likes this.
  3. Plz stay safe, I will hope to see you back on EMC soon :3

I have hurricane experience, years ago my house was flooded by a hurricane ( I cant remember which one XD but it wasnt sandy ). We had to pile stuff up in our house, most important items on top and take the most valuable items with us including our pets and spend the night in a small house next to a church. It was scary, the next day we returned to our house and it was flooded still with stuff destroyed and all :/ Hurricanes = Bad

I might be hit with some small storms but not much since I live in New Jersey
  4. Pennsylvania, you say... iiiiiinteresting...
    <_< And yeah, Sandy was bad - we were out of power for over a week back then, borrowed a generator from some relatives after about the second day. Ugh.

Anyway, just adding my well-wishes here. Stay safe, bunker down, and we'll see you when it blows over. *waves paw*
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  5. Yikes. I was it not the news. Destruction in Haiti and Cuba. Florida's next. D: This is why you don't live on the east coast. :p Be careful and hopefully we will see you again. :)
  6. O.O Why is that interesting........ should i be scared haha? :p:p:p
  7. EMC's resident book-tiger makes his IRL home in the Scranton area. *rawr*
    607 and no_thing like this.
  8. Oh haha, good your a few towns/cities away from me, I'm good for now..... Oh no.... said too much O.O lol
    607 likes this.
  9. Hopefully hurricane Matthew will veer more east into the Atlantic. I've been through many hurricanes living here in south Louisiana. It's beyond me that they are keeping the LSU-Florida game in Gainesville this Saturday :confused:
    Please stay safe!
  10. Good luck. :) My flight to New York from Miami tomorrow got cancelled cause it when the airport closes. I managed to get an early flight before the airport closes. All I need is for Matthew to not change its current path and timing. Hopefully I should make it out just before he hit the coast....
  11. It seems by Matthew's predicted path, the South Carolina & Georgia coast is going to get hit as well, and then Matthew is supposedly going to do a 90-180 degree turn back into the Atlantic. Matthew is forecasted to make landfall as a Category 3 (MHC3) in the Bahamas with winds of 115 MPH. While churning in the Bahamas it supposedly will encounter some warm waters ahead and winds pickup to 135 MPH (Category 4 Status) and make landfall in eastern Florida :eek:! It's not looking good, stay safe out there and I hope you ride Matthew out!
    ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  12. My thoughts go out to everyone involved. Natural disasters suck. Remember to look after others and your self. Everyone will be in the same state of mind. Good luck recovering and see you on the other side :)
  13. To help put in perspective how intense / destructive this could be...

Sandy was a Category 3 Hurricane (SSHS)

Hurricane Katrina was a Category 5 Hurricane (SSHS)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Late September 30th, around 9 PM my time, Matthew did hit 160 MPH winds (Category 5 Status) while churning in the Caribbean Sea. Most of the time while Matthew was in the Caribbean he was a Category 4 Hurricane as shown by this history graphic, but one of the advisories issued if you look closely was in bright pink, which indicates Category 5.

PhoenixAffinity and Kytula like this.
  15. Where you don't want water, you get a ton, where you want water you get none. (It rhymed c:)
    I wish the best of luck to you, I may not have much experience with water (Because "drought") but I know how terrifying it is when it goes out of your control. So stay safe, be alert, and don't panic, especially around water.
  16. Aw dang that's bad for Haiti. Based on some other maps I've seen its quite possible the eye is going to make its way off of Florida and will touch the states slightly north of the area. It's quite possible that Matthew could reach higher speeds while its traveling the ocean, but I believe its already hit the highest speeds it can go now. Either way, there's gonna be damage in part of the Florida area. I hope you do well and stay safe!
  17. I was looking at that track and my first impression was a hurricane with ADD.
    "Doot doot doot, cruisin' South Americ- OH! What's up there?!" *ZOOM* "Hai Cuba!"

But then I checked my geography and realized it was probably more like "Takin' a cruise by Venezuela... OH CRAP, IT'S COLUMBIA!" *Buggers off at top speed*
    TomvanWijnen and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  18. Evacuating now. Hopefully I'll be back soon.
    Kytula likes this.
  19. I'm made it out on a 7am fight this morning from Miami Airport. I am now in NYC. Woooo
    Kytula likes this.
  20. Be careful while you guys are evacuating Florida!