Hunger Games Update

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by godog4, May 4, 2012.

?

What time(s) are you most often on Minecraft? (all times are GMT)

Weekdays 1 vote(s) 33.3%
Weekends 2 vote(s) 66.7%
1:00 - 3:00 AM 1 vote(s) 33.3%
4:00 - 6:00 AM 1 vote(s) 33.3%
7:00 - 9:00 AM 0 vote(s) 0.0%
10:00 - 12:00 AM 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1:00 - 3:00 PM 0 vote(s) 0.0%
4:00 - 6:00 PM 0 vote(s) 0.0%
7:00 - 9:00 PM 0 vote(s) 0.0%
10:00 - 12:00 PM 1 vote(s) 33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello EMC!

This, as you can tell from the title, is an update on how our Hunger Games planning is going.

We have settled on a form the games will take, we have a server, and have begun some work on arena design. We have also worked out what we are going to need. Currently, the only "Gamemakers" are myself, Newo88, and his server Co-owner Penguinmarcher. We need another few trustworthy and competent people to give us a hand here. They'll be keeping an eye on the competitors, setting up traps, resolving any problems, and generally making sure it all goes smoothly.

Unfortunately, Minecast, who was going to be doing the filming, has had to pull out due to RL business. I will be now collating all the footage (unless there's someone else who wants to), but we will need a bunch of cameramen to follow the tributes around. Looking for at least one for every two tributes.

The last thing we are looking for is Prize Donators. We are looking for some very specific prizes, as listed below:

A single chest full of bread.
    A full iron armor set (enchanted if possible)
    A Bow and 2 arrow stacks (enchanted if possible)
    A diamond Sword with a high-level enchantment
    A cookie (crafted not bought would be great)
    One Golden apple from each server
    2000 rupees from each server

This is still a rough list, and some others may have more or better prizes to add. I want to keep it Hunger Games-like, hence the food prizes. If you can donate for any of that, in full or part, do message me with what and how much. I will check to make sure no-one else has already supplied it.

The same goes for Gamemakers and Cameramen. If you'd like to help out with either, message me.

For Gamemakers: tell me what experience you have in running events like this, if any, and also give me a reference to help me know I can trust you not to spoil the games.

Cameramen: I'd like to know about your previous Minecraft filming experience, if any, and what program you'd use to do it.

PLEASE DON'T POST IN THE THREAD SAYING "I CAN DO THIS JOB". MESSAGE ME.
    DEFINITELY DON'T POST "I WANT TO BE A TRIBUTE FROM SERVER X". WE AREN'T UP TO THAT YET.

Finally, everyone please take a look and reply to the survey above. It'll help us to determine a time to run these games.