How should GRIP spend 1 million rupees?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AyanamiKun, Nov 17, 2017.

?

good idea?

yes 4 vote(s) 100.0%
no 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi every1!

(texts are from Shell & me both, Shell said I should post b/c im GRIP treasurer)

Shell recently noticed that GRIP has gained nearly 5 million rupees in total (I need 2 update the post, soz!) but our goal is to keep things around 4 million. Enough reserves to back up when "stuff" happens, but not too much because in the end this money belongs to the EMC community as far as we're concerned.

Last time this happened Shell donated 1 million to 2 of the most well known EMC musea (500k each) but this time I want something different. Something more community stuff.

And what u know? Holiday season is coming up, my fav. season of the whole year!! <3

We need GRIP holiday special, and 4 that we need UR help!!

Are you planning an event in December (all December counts, but Holiday season has priority) and could you need a little boost? Post on this thread and tell us about your event. Be specific, give us details! Or... if you got surprises planned share the global idea and tell both Shell & me the details in a PM (click link 2 PM us both, we won't spoil the surprise!). It helps if you already posted on the event thread but we both know it's a bit (too?) early for that right now.

If we both agree we'll both participate in your event (sort off, depends on the event) and we'll give it a little extra boost ^.^

Both Shell & me shall (lol!!) spent 500k each on different events.

Rules
    • Only 1 event per player. Alts are obviously included here, sorry ^.^
    • The whole donation needs to be used in your event. No shortcuts allowed. The Holiday season is about giving, and that's the whole idea here as well.
      • People who know me (=Shell) know that I'm a firm believer in the spirit of the rules rather than the letter. This is no different. I can well imagine that some players might plan to spend some money on items (for the event or maybe an event build?) and then the rest as prize money. Or maybe... you got an idea I haven't thought of yet. Just tell us, we'll sort it out.
    • People who held prior events (we do request proof, so a link to previous event threads) will have a wee bit of an advantage. But don't let that discourage you. Community means just that. So if you're just new and you have this wild idea... No guarantees, but you won't know until you tried, right?
    • As always GRIP members are excluded from this (requests / ideas won't be honored) in order to fully rule out bias. Sorry, but this is one of those rules I do plan to follow to the letter.
    • Please do NOT contact Aya or Shell about this in the game. Only on this thread or in a PM. This is because we're usually busy when we're playing (no boasting but Shell having 4 convos at the same time is honestly no exception) and having a forum message makes it easier to remember.
      • Questions and chatter is ok of course, you can always ask if we have time to look at your event build (if you have any) but official requests need to be posted on the forums to make sure that we can't overlook any.
    Let's make this an awesome Holiday season 4 every1!
    607, AncientTower and SliverOfSlvr like this.
  2. Are you on SMP9? Then your chances to get accepted just got higher. Aya & me are waaay out in the awesome Frontier of SMP9 (but we're digging our way out back to spawn a bit ;) ). And although I doubt that some of you will recall, but in an earlier event (too lazy busy to look up links right now :D ) I had to exclude SMP9 and promised that I would make it up to you. Here ya go.

If you plan an event on SMP9 then you get a little more chances of being accepted than other SMP's. Not in un unfair way of course, but even so... it might help :)
  3. and a small bump ^.^

if u got ideas please let us know. but dont worry... if no1 has any good ideas we're gonna do "plan B". which means just playing during holiday season and keeping our eyes open 4 player events (any kind of event, skin comps, parkour... i dunno) and when we get there we'll donate something good to ur prize pool ^.^
  4. I would love to host a Creative Build contest, but my stuff rarely gets attention. So there's that lol.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  5. Ok, our plans have officially changed.

Right now a few GRIP members have come together to discuss this, and if everything is going according to plan then you (= you, the EMC community) can expect some "GRIP Santa's" to appear during this month, and they may or may not decide to support players and / or events with a little extra.

Sorry for being a bit vague. Even though the surprise is already somewhat out in the open I'm still trying not to spoil everything :)
  6. This thread has been closed per OP's request.
    AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.