How long have you all been here? And what does the empire mean to you.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jwlpo, Sep 6, 2021.

1. I’ve been here just 3 months shy of 10 years. Like a lot of people I’ve been off and on, but it’s good to be back.

Back then, I was 100% the awkward girl in school, I didn’t get socializing at ALL. Through playing Minecraft and other online games I came across this server and instantly was welcomed with open arms. JustinGuy was actually the first person to talk to me, and he showed me ALL the ropes. For the first time, I fitted in. I met some friends along the way, some still here, some gone. But they all helped me. For that I’m grateful. This server taught me how to be a person. Now people can’t get me to shut up 😂
    607 and Unoski like this.
  2. I am here and I am not at the same time, when it comes to activity on emc is the discord scene. I really don't have that much time to play minecraft anymore
    Joy_the_Miner and Jwlpo like this.
  3. 9.5 years. This server is a good safety net for when your social life isn’t happening.

I just hop on somewhat often to continue bits and pieces of my projects. All of them, in some way shape or form, contribute to my stock of smooth stone. Except for my biggest project which is currently a smooth stone sink.
    607 and Jwlpo like this.
  4. 8.5 years. Man, that's a long time.
    Empire Minecraft is still my main forum, and I am a big forum fan, so that is pretty important to me. I've also met many friends here, and there are several that I still speak to from time to time. I've met five of them in real life.
    When I was younger (when I joined, I was 13 years old) I also learnt a good bit of English and social skills here. :)
    Jwlpo likes this.
  5. Ten years in February 2022.

I’ve been here pretty permanently ever since 2012, although I did take a four month break in early 2018 when my main account got banned and I stopped playing in-game entirely in 2019. I (usually) like the forums and the people on it - it’s a decent place to spitball random thoughts and stuff I write and occasionally have a bit of a laugh on.
    607 and Jwlpo like this.
  6. I feel you man, I can relate. I'm not too active on EMC anymore, as a whole. Most of my friends have either moved on from EMC or lost interest in Minecraft in general. There's nothing left for me on here, especially since I have the contact information of everyone I want to speak to on Discord.

Thanks for the post, Clan23. :)
    Jwlpo and ConductorConduit like this.