How do you get those customized banners?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Slip55, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Ok, so I have seen SOOOOO many people post with those customized banners in the signature of them all MC cartoony with like, "VISIT MY SHOP" or like, posing with a sword...It confuses me, how do you make those??? Is there a program or a website...?
    Somebody tell me how, I really want to make one!
  2. I know there are some people on EMC that make them for a price. I would assume they use photoshop or similar programs to make them.
  3. Ask Endermagic1
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Just sent him one :)
  5. It heavily depends on the kind of scenery you're trying to make. Usually it's not one but a set of programs which is being used. A good program to start with could be Mine-imator. It's a program which was designed to make Minecraft animations but if you don't move your items around then you got the perfect recipe for a screenshot. This program is extremely easy to use and will also allow you to export your setup.

A fair warning though: the program is a bit dated (last release being March 2016) so don't expect new items to automatically pop up. Still, you can always do a bit of tweaking.

Another approach is to use a so called 3D modeling program. Some well known / popular names are Daz Studio (freeware / freemium), Poser, Blender (open source / freeware), and Maya, to name but a few. The only thing is that you're going to need Minecraft models (often referred to as 'rigs'). There's a lot of payware out there, but also several models which can be used within Blender (and if needed exported from there to be used inside other software).

Of course it's also perfectly possible to combine the two. For example set something up in Mine-imator, export some of that work and then use it in a 3D renderer to build your actual stuff.

One way or the other I can definitely recommend grabbing The Gimp if you're going to be messing around with this. Gimp is a "freeware photoshop" kind of program and it can be the ideal tool to put the finishing touch on your renders. For example if you want to add text or other things to an image, then Gimp can have your back.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. I use Mine-imator (background) and Photoshop (sizing, text, splitting, gradient, cropping etc.) for my banners and the signatures I made in the past

MM actually received a few new updates which added some handy features, including support for downloaded item sheets (or something along those lines), and before that, someone was maintaining a Community Edition
    JohnKid and ShelLuser like this.
  7. That's where i got mine