How do you color code your ender chest?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AmusedStew, Mar 1, 2020.

1. So, I am wondering how everyone color-codes their enderchest.

What I mean by that is:

What colors do you make the shulkers in your enderchest?

For example:
    • The purple shulkers are all empty ones for transporting stuff (lots of stuff! ;))
    • Lime Green is for ender pearls
    • Black is for rockets
    • Red is for redstone stuff
    • Pink is for Fire resist potions (even though I literally hardly ever use those... xD)
    • Silver is my mining setup kit
      • I keep an extra stack of golden carrots in here, 2 stacks of logs, 3 stacks of gold blocks, 1 beacon, a bucket of water, and the rest of the slots is torches
    So, how do you organize your shulkers?
    SkeleTin007, _Susu_, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. I really don't color coordinate my boxes. I just color them and store stuff and only keep boxes in the ender chest when I'm either mining or hauling stuff to my outposts.
  3. I keep a set of tools and a set of armor in each smp. Makes it much faster to just head out on any smp.
    It has taken a while to get those together, too. The other items in there are organized the exact same way, so that i can always find something I need.
    I use light blue for empty shulker, light gray for stuff I would need exploring or mining: bed, water bucket, wood, iron ingots, epearls, torches, food, ladders, saddle, flint - you get the idea.
    _Susu_, 607 and AmusedStew like this.
  4. I keep a set of tools and armour on my player at all times on all smps and well i just dump stuff into my e-chest and then dump it into my vault when i get to town

After my vault gets clogged i spend a whole day clearing my vaults e-chests and my res's up
    AmusedStew likes this.
  5. o.o
    That's a lot of shulkers
    I just have 50 vaults and /va alias them to their appropriate contents (e.g., va. 50 is logs, va. 41 is rockets, va. 30 is quick_access, va. 1 is valuables, etc.) I go between SMPs a lot and rarely go into the wild, so having the entirety of my storage system in my vaults is ok :)
    _Susu_, 607 and AmusedStew like this.
  6. I don't have enough shulkers to sort them out and color code them yet. I do have one box for each smp filled with supplies for Miners Mania events.
    607, KatydidBuild and AmusedStew like this.
  7. I think the only shulker box I have are promos. :oops: They are really cool, though! I'm sure I'd get and use some if I'd actually play the game. ;)
    Oops, posting that actually made me lose some other game. It'd been a few weeks or even months! :eek:
    AmusedStew likes this.
  8. I color code my shulker boxes, along with custom name them. The colors are based off of the main material inside of them, like red for redstone stuff, or light blue for ice.
    KatydidBuild, 607 and AmusedStew like this.
  9. Even when I stuff my ender chest full with shulkers I don't colour code them. :D My shulkers serve multiple purposes so I just keep them in the standard colour for when they are used for something different. I just remember what's where, and use the first 5 rows to show what's in it to aid this. Works just fine. :)
  10. My method is similar to wafflecoffee's - I number them. The numbers are the code. The color is purely to distinguish mine from my partner's at a glance. We mine together and when you have 50 or 60 shulkers at bedrock, it can be a pain homing in on the chest you are looking for. We both have more shulkers than I care to divulge, lol. Since we work almost exclusively in the Utopian Frontier, not much opportunity to use my vaults . . .
    607 and AmusedStew like this.
  11. Wait, what do you do? I've reread this multiple times, but I don't get it. :p Both ender chests and shulker boxes have only 3 rows of storage space, so what do you mean by "the first 5 rows"? :p Or was that an error?
    _Susu_ likes this.
  12. Ah, whoops, "rows" should have been "slots", as in, the first 5 slots in each shulker box. Hovering your mouse over a shulker box shows what's in the first 5 slots, so I use that to see what's in it. Then I just stuff an entire enderchest full with shulker boxes. :)
    607, AmusedStew, _Susu_ and 1 other person like this.

13. Orange: Loot Boxes
    Light Blue: Tool Box
    Lime: EXP Bottles
    Black: Villager Trading
    Yellow: Stone
    White: Fireworks
    Magenta: Beacon-Stuffs
    Pink: Temp-Base Stuff
    Green: Elytra Repair/Replacements
    Red: Food

Always have water and a boat on my at all times, Chestplate for mob fighting, Gapples for those tight situations, and Maps for anything interesting I find along the way ;)
    Nuttyknight42, 607, _Susu_ and 2 others like this.
  14. I tend to color stuff by items. Example I color the wood boxs brown. dark green= saplings. Black= coal or obsidian, wool, clay. Light gray= Iron ore and ingorts, Iron blocks. Yellow= gold ore or yellow items. blue= lapis. Cyan= diamond ore. Light green= Emerald ore. Red= redstone ore.
    607 likes this.
  15. Dark Gray box= cobblestone, stone, stonebricks, Andsite, granite and drorite.
    Purple box= random items.
  16. As far as my mining kit I use a yellow shulker box, which holds one of each ore, Nugget, ingots or diamond, emerald,lapis, redstone and block forum. Plus 3 or 4 slots of touches! If I run out of space in that box, then for each type of ore I color it to what color it was!
    607 likes this.