how do i put a gif as my signature

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by CreeperFaceYT, Aug 21, 2021.

1. I have a .gif and i want to put it as my signature
  2. Don't flip out lol .. Like this Link <Click that link

On your name top of forums next to inbox is drop down arrow, click that and click signature you can then edit your sig by adding the link,
  3. it just says img
  4. There is no difference between adding a gif to your signature and adding any other supported image type to it. I assume you don't know how to do the latter?
    Copy the link to the image and put it between [img] tags like this: [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/34lJI31.gif[/IMG]. The capitals are optional.
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  5. It shows what my sigature is now
  6. Can you post the link for what you want to add?
    607 likes this.
  7. Progryck and 607 like this.
  8. Put it into the box. Do not use the 'Insert/edit image' button. You can use that button, but then you need not and should not include the [img] tags.
  9. Alternatively you can upload it to Imgur, right click the image, select ‘copy image’ and paste it into your signature.
    607 likes this.
  10. Yep, this magic solution works. However, it also sometimes appears to work on images that are not insertable or were copied from the wrong place (e.g. a cache). It is 'safer' to copy from the link.
    Or so I think. :D But we are getting to a point now where even my knowledge of web behaviour is uncertain. :cool:
  11. I think I know what you're referring to: those cached images generally also have a url, but one that stops working after sone time, or one that doesn't even link to an online thing. :)
    607 likes this.
  12. I agree with your frustrations. I also had a really hard time getting my signature to work and am dreading the need to edit it :eek: to include the recycling center's info. So much fiddle-fiddle and save and then fiddle-fiddle and save and look at it again and mutter and then fiddle-fiddle and save and mutter some more.
  13. Thank you everyone for the help!
    607, Silken_thread and KatydidBuild like this.
  14. The Preview button usually works. :D