How did you found the Empire server?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abillities, Feb 4, 2018.

1. If that not in right place move that.

Share how did you found that server!

For example I will share my story: I was voting another server and then i saw a sponsor "Empire Minecraft no PVP" at that time i was bad at PVP so i thought " let's give it a try"

What yours?
    jacob5089, SkeleTin007 and Moonglum_ like this.
  2. My friend (who no longer plays) first got me into minecraft. Then once I brought the game showed me EMC and I've been on Smp3 ever since!
  3. It was a loong time ago but also shows the "danger" around server voting. I only play on one server because I don't want to bother diverting my attention (I'm busy enough as it is) and this also makes it easier for others to find me if they want to. Anyway, the previous server I was on went for a land reset and I didn't like that, and it made me seriously wonder: "If I have to start all over again, then what exactly is keeping me here?".

Now, I knew very little about servers (and Minecraft mechanics) at that time but I did realize that the place where I voted for the server was bound to list more servers. So why not have a look around?

I looked for economy and survival and started at the bottom of the first page (because the amount of votes is in no way any guarantee). I specifically looked out for PVE (and not PVP) because I think PVP doesn't work well on Minecraft and is basically unfair. I mean: if one player has a slower Internet connection then they're automatically at a disadvantage, hardly any game tries to compensate for that. You can already see that happening with PVE, so why would PVP be any different?

So I tried a few servers, disliked all of them and then suddenly ended up in the Empire tutorial. I was almost immediately hooked. Had contact with some of my older buddies and also indirectly informed them about the Empire. Soon we had a small band of merry men together on SMP2 :D

Unfortunately the Empire isn't for everyone, as such several of my older friends also moved on, but c'est la vie. Now, after I believe almost 3 years (1100+ days iirc) I'm still having a good time here.
  4. I accidentally clicked on this server link instead of a skywars server...
    I didn’t know the IP was switched until a year later...
    I stayed
    jacob5089, _Devuu__, _BRZ and 3 others like this.
  5. Was looking for a server with the tag 'Town" on a voting site
    Was expecting a towny server
    Got EMC
    Better than other servers
    Stayed
  6. My friend got me into Minecraft, and he showed me this server. :D
    jacob5089, Moonglum_ and aaadam12 like this.
  7. Stumbled across it, lords knows how. It was 6 years ago lol
    jacob5089, Moonglum_ and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Same for me - more than 6 years and two months ago - no clue how I found it. :p

I do, however, remember doing the sandstone tutorial, and failing quite badly at it. :p There was one question where I tried pretty much all the possible answers (12), but got it right only like the 10th time... My English wasn't so great then, and believe I couldn't be bothered to look it up on the forums. :p
    jacob5089, Moonglum_ and 607 like this.
  9. I'd say it should go into Community Discussion. :)

I've told this many times before, but I'll do it again.
    I was making fake achievements for a Minecraft project I was working on for my younger brother, on achievecraft.com (actually, I see back then it was called mag.racked.eu), which used to be one of EMC's partners. At one point I wanted to go back to the homepage, and clicked the logo in the top left, which links to the homepage on most websites. However, on this site, it lead to EMC. :D

And even though I've told this story many times before, I never thought of looking up the site in the Web Archive! Here it is. :)
    It's a logical mistake, right? But a very beneficial mistake indeed! :D
  10. Heard my older brother talking about it and thought "Huh, I should try it"
    jacob5089 and Moonglum_ like this.
  11. I was thinking about the place of this thread.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  12. I blame my sister
  13. One word basically... family
  14. I needed a different place to hang as the server my friends were hosting crumbled to ash, but my computer gave. I was at the time working on public accounts at the local library *SmyMine1, SmyMine2, SmyMine3, and SmyMine4*, and I decided to play on 2 for a while when I had time.
    One of the kids had played on EMC on that account, and seeing it I said why not.
    When I got my computer back, I returned to EMC. And even though my computer died again, I returned just the same the next computer.
    jacob5089, 607 and aaadam12 like this.
  15. A while back a close friend invited me to play on his brothers server with him but only months after I joined his brother no longer paid to have it up. Thus my search for a new server began.

I tried a good amount of others but I never really got super into any of them. The things I wanted most in a server were no PVP and one that had plots. After a few days of looking around and trying other servers I stumbled upon the Empire.

Back when I first joined the tutorial had just been a long hall with glass walls showcasing things from EMC. After I went through the nether portal at the end and ending up in town and playing for a bit I decided to stay. I finally found the server I had been searching for. :D
    aaadam12, jacob5089 and 607 like this.
  16. Ah, that's really interesting!!
    That's the first time I've heard of semi-public Minecraft accounts. :p
  17. Yeah, and the project fell through because of abuse and the computers broke.
    Tuqueque, jacob5089 and 607 like this.
  18. Moved to community discussion.
    While I'm at it here's how I discovered EMC. To put a long story short, I had just bought minecraft on the PC and I was just scrolling through a list of servers on one of the voting websites (this is why everyone should vote) and none of them were working until I realised that I did wrong and fixed it. Somehow I ended up here with a bit of luck and I sure am glad of it.
    607, aaadam12 and jacob5089 like this.
  19. When I first bought minecraft this was the server that all my friends played on. It was the very first server I played on (besides the free minecraft classic) and I've stayed playing since
    607 and aaadam12 like this.
  20. If I remember correctly, I found the Empire more than 6 years ago on Planet Minecraft via a post made by either Justin or Jeremy, I can't quite remember. :confused:

All I know is at the time I was looking for another server to try, as I usually played on 2-3 different servers at one time.
    I found Empire, and, well I'm still here aren't I?
    607, aaadam12 and jacob5089 like this.