How did you choose your username?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ilyvion, Oct 10, 2012.

1. iSmooch... I love this story....

So when I was 12 I loved the movie Death To Smoochy. (Starring Robin Williams). I dont know why.. it was old for me even then xD. But I shifted between many usernames while online in those days, trying to place my internet identity. I was first "amtrack" only one account is active that still holds that, and its my Newgrounds account. then it was goober_fly_man.. for some reason I thought that was cool. Then I got on a forum and chose the name Smoochie.. same sounding name but different spelling.

Then I began to blog alot, mainly for this one small website (now defunct... man.. the dot com bubble really did burst didnt it.. so many defunct things xD) I would do a weekly "Smooch", more of a rant really. So then i was always shortening it to Smooch, and right about that time there was the "iEverything" craze. It was really more of a joke at first, because it was at the end of one of my little rant blogs about the "iEverything" and I said something along the lines of "At the rate that its going, I might as well just sign everything iSmooch, just to get the popularity boost". A commentor said it was actually catchy.. and then bam... iSmooch has been my username for everything for around 6 or 7 years now. The only thing I regret about my username in minecraft is the fact it is in All Caps. Which you can not change. All because when I first typed it in, i did not realize that my input was going to be taken so literal xD.
  2. Being named after take-away food... Incredible :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I look up cool names for the internet. Found Equinox. Itsl looked and sounded cool. Added _Boss
    not kidding, i know its not very creative but I like it :)
    marknaaijer likes this.
  4. This is my old Xbox live gamertag, back in the early days of the first xbox. It's a reference to Aqua Teen Hunger Force. If you search for Universal Remonster on YouTube, you'll see what I mean. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. One day when I was younger, I made a account for build a bear, My name was taken so they gave me this
    <-----
    Equinox_Boss and Runningrhino like this.
  7. A lot of people think its from skrillex, but no, its no that glorius..
    penfoldex likes this.
  8. Heheh just translate it :p
    Equinox_Boss and marknaaijer like this.
  9. Hmm, very interesting.
    Equinox_Boss and battmeghs like this.
  10. oh man mine goes back to my Runescape days. When I was in 6th or 7th grade I got myself a RS account. my friend and I chose the name sanddollar34 then the name change option came around. I ate waffles one day and decided to name it THEWAFFLER. then a few months later I changed it again to TEHWAFFLEZ and it kind of stuck. its been ny gaming name for juat about as long as I can remember, Wii gaming I was Waffle. People like saying it on Skype also so I just kept it.

Now I have several nicknames :p ; Waff, Bacon, Pancake, Waff Waff, waffle, Teh, and probably more lol.

I've never been obsessed with waffles just liked eating them om nom nomm ;)
  11. This and 7 is one of my favorite numbers.
    Equinox_Boss, DogsRNice and Bugmo1207 like this.
  12. Faith Caster
    Was my World of Warcraft character name, i just tryed a lot of names and this fitted me best ;)

Faithcaster
    Equinox_Boss and _Stads_ like this.
  13. Disguise? I'm a pro at that... ;)

Anyway, my username came from my TF2 fetish. RED, my favorite team to play on, and Spy, my favorite class to play as .
    Equinox_Boss, ZBSDKryten and _Stads_ like this.
  14. What about the 1????!?!?!?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Ah, yes. REDSpy was taken, so I just did this: RED_Spy. Taken still, so I put the first number I could think of, 1 in this case. So my name is RED_Spy1.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. I feel like my needs have now been met.
    Equinox_Boss, 5weety and RED_Spy1 like this.
  17. Margaritte is my middle name.
  18. Same here. I'm to lazy to get a new one...