Holiday Village: Chest Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Dec 18, 2016.

1. That's what I did. Found 19 chests and I assume #20 is in or around the parkour thing.
  2. Oh no, now there's TWO staff that enjoy watching us suffer through parkour!
  3. You think only 2?
  4. did you all disable elytra in /event?
    boooo!!!!
    Krysyy and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. There is also barrier blocks on the tree when you get to certain height, so you can't fall onto the sleigh, the only way to get to the sleigh is the parkour, the staff team were very careful to make sure no-one can cheat :p
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and Krysyy like this.
  6. I / we / who? Aaanyway, I'm having a great time here and I think it's awesome. I do agree with some othters: it would have been fun to have some other "creative" ways to get somewhere, but on the other hand I also need to stress out that the loot divide is really honest here.

Unfortunately I had to cut it short last night because I was really tired (going to do another session today) but I am definitely having fun.

And you got to admit... Sure, it would have been cool to have features such as grouptp around (if you're with friends or "other friends" :D) but you have to admit: this way everyone got the same fair chance at the prizes. Even better: you cannot deny the effort which went into this, which is something I honestly like best.

Because, trust me: there are plenty of good prizes to nab (I got 3, I think Aya has 2, not sure) even without having to torture yourself with parkour. And speaking of which...

I speak from experience: when I got into this area I was like "duh, some maze!" and grabbed the chest (which had a really nice prize IMO). Aya took more time and wondered "they didn't put that here 4 no reason" and what do you know... Next moment I see the spectacle above :)

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to try as well, but we'll see. Aya has always been more eager to try stuff like that out :)

And another thing: while doing this Aya also spotted a chest "half way" as she said. Not sure what she meant yet (convenient ;)) but it seems that you don't even have to finish this maze completely to reach yet another nice loot chest.

This caught Aya off guard too: sometimes you can get prizes which stack (like emeralds or ghast tears). Then it becomes very hard to keep count.

I feel you :) I got a diamond helmet from one chest ;)

The trick is to find chests which aren't out in plain sight. If you see a chest which is easy to spot and in an area where you'd have to try hard not to see it then, as a rule of thumb: it will most likely contain a more regular prize.

So it's best to ignore those chests and continue looking for more hidden ones. I don't know, maybe the stack of presents actually contains a real one, who knows ;)
  7. Okay so last night me and ULTI made the long journey along the invisible parkour. Yes a lot of rage moments and trying to figure out where to go. But we still made it to santa so yea. I was wondering has anyone else beaten the parkour yet? Also bobybuilder beat it after us. Also what did you get when you beat it? I couldn't claim the present because I claimed 10 right before that and didn't know about the maze till Ulti told me.
    Equinox_Boss and ThaKloned like this.
  8. Finch mentioned beating it a couple times.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I got Elytra and I heard someone else got a Candy Cane Sword
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. There's a parkour? *ears perk up*
  11. Your favorite kind
    ShelLuser, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. It's the birthday event all over again ;)
    607, Krysyy and Equinox_Boss like this.
  13. There's a maze? O-o
  14. so in the maze I got to a sign that says "Congratulations you have completed the maze" but I'm wondering if it's a troll because there is nothing here, no chest or anything.

somebody want to fill me in?
  15. I've found my head in one or two places. I'm flattered :p
    ShelLuser, 607, Equinox_Boss and 3 others like this.
  16. Sorry but that is the end of the maze. I would have added more (and maybe some trolling too ;)) if I had more free time. Unfortunately my RL work is in retail and it gets just a little bit crazy this time of year (hence the bah humbug).

In case those outside of UK don't know a humbug is a black and white hard peppermint sweet, which I used as basis of my build (albeit a little larger).
  17. oh no, it's cool. i just never know, i was looking for a chest of some sort.

same with the whole gift sorting contraption in one of the buildings. i went on both sides, searched through everything for at least an hour and found no chests anywhere, only a sign that says "Where is it?!?!". In the end I think I was just trolled because there appeared to be no chest anywhere in those areas. :(
    607 and Krysyy like this.
  18. Anyone have a master list of chest locations, or do we need to make one?

19. That's it? ._.
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  20. I kept skipping chests because I wanted to find more hidden ones... but then I didn't find more hidden ones. So now I didn't even claim half of my allowed chests.
    Anyway, though: the village is amazing! :)