[Hiring] Auto Sorter Construction Expert

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by PupInAction, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Hiring: Auto Sorter Construction Expert
    Requirements:
    Must be competent with redstone as this is an auto sorter
    Must be willing to complete most if not all of the sorter (For all vanilla minecraft items)
    Must be friendly and trustworthy
    Must have a demo for me on how to work the sorter and show it functioning exactly as it should
    Must be as lag friendly as possible
    Must be willing to help me maintain the sorter

Sorter Specifics:
    I would Like the sorter to sort every single vanilla minecraft item. I understand sorting non-stackable items can prove to be difficult, if not impossible, but if you have a design that sorts even these items, then please contact me! I would also like this sorter to have as little redstone as possible as to prevent too much lag making it unusable. If at all possible i would also like the sorter to be as version friendly as possible. i know that with minecrafts updates redstone machines can get broken or cease to work but something basic, that carries the same mechanics across all versions of minecraft would be preferred.

Payment: After discussing design and efficiency for the sorter, there will be an initial payment of 200k just for starting the sorter. From there on payments will be delivered based on completion.
    I (Pup) will be providing ALL materials for this construction including tools and well, all redstone.

Please feel free to PM me or post on this thread.
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  2. Hi PupInAction, I'm interested to taking you up on your job. Currently I'm helping Bunjimon with his destruction of an island, but after I finish, I can get you the video you ask for. :)

(I used to have a super-smelter on EMC back in late 2018 and early 2019. I have long since taken it apart since I became more inactive and did not need it anymore.)
    PupInAction likes this.
  3. As someone who just built this, the TPS / hopper speed is the problem (Mine doesnt work atm due to EMC-side issues). If you really are making it sort all vanilla items, then I say that's almost impossible without killing the TPS atm. Since hoppers cause great lag in high amounts. Water streams are often used to negate the lag of hoppers. However, with EMC's custom changes to hoppers to restore TPS stability water streams are too fast for the hoppers to detect. Hopper minecarts can be used to avoid this, but you'd need around 3 hopper carts per item and that would be inefficient use of space/resources. It's 100% doable in separate sections and smaller systems. But If you are going for one giant system for every item. I say best avoid it for now.
  4. Cyberzaz is correct, is there a preference PupInAction?

I'm... on a server with an "all in one" system with 100% hoppers, and... it brings the entire server to its knees. Mind you, this is without the system being used, the fact that all the hoppers are connected makes the game thing about them once they are loaded into memory (chunk is loaded).
  5. Id Love to help with it. not for any pay but just for fun
  6. Bump, still would like a redstone/auto sorter expert to help me with a basic items auto sorter. I realize trying to make an auto sorter for every vanilla item may have been a bit ambitious but am willing to tone it down.
  7. I can do that :)
  8. ABC Construction builds auto-sorters. PM me for details.