Hi :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by haastregt, Jun 22, 2019.

?

How are you doing?

Amazing! 1 vote(s) 14.3%
Good! 3 vote(s) 42.9%
Okay 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Meh 3 vote(s) 42.9%
Bad 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello there EMC!

You know how it goes: there are exams coming up, the study load increases, so of course my study evasive behaviour makes me do anything except studying: like checking in on the forums once again ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if by now most of you would be like 'huh, who is this arctic fox dude?'. After all, it has been 11 months already without me logging on for more than just keeping my resses from going on derelict. So I thought why don't I introduce myself for all 'new' fellows here? And for the 'old' fellows that still remember me, consider this an elaborate status update or something :p. (In other words: I realized that my exams were already coming up in just a couple days so I felt the need to procastinate more)

Anyways, I am haastregt, a 17 year old dude from the Netherlands. I joined EMC 2640 days ago (more than 7 years already :O), when I joined here I was just a small boy who didn't yet start high-school. Right now, I am finishing my first year at university (wow! This small boy grew out into a real man :cool: (at least that is what I tell myself)).

I live in a typical student home, with 10 lovely roommates. I study Mechanical Engineering at the University of Twente. Besides absolutely loving the study, I also like to do quite some things besides my study, like organizing events, building silly devices for the study association (Newton) and right now I have my eyes on becomming a board member for Newton next year.

I am quite busy most of the times (that's also why I haven't been online for such a long time), but I don't mind, since I really enjoy all the things I do here, and because most things I do here also provide a lot of new experiences. I have met many friends here, learned a lot of valuable skills and feel like I grew a lot as a person, which feels great!

Two months ago, I even met someone very special, a lovely Ecuadorian girl who is now my girlfriend <3.

Anyways, I'm doing great! Of course, sometimes there can be difficulties, but these should not overrule all the good feelings and fun nights I have here. So I decided to live my life happily and full with positivity :D;).

I guess that was my post, I'll try opening up my books once again now :p. Feel free to comment/ask me any question or to share your own stories here! (I'd love to read them! :))
  2. Hey Haas :) Welcome back-ish :p

I too am currently procrationating learning by typing a post on this thread, I think we should start a club or something? :p
    haastregt, Jaqque_r0x and 607 like this.
  3. Hey I remember you! Welcome 1/2 back haha :p
    haastregt and 607 like this.
  4. Hey haastregt!
    I am also studying, but I am taking a break because my mother is rehearsing my brother's English words and I can't concentrate, but also don't feel like going elsewhere. :p (as I'd need to take some notebooks, a pen, my book and my laptop... too much effort :rolleyes:)
    Hey, a girlfriend? That is interesting! It is also interesting that you're 17 years old finishing the first year of university. :confused:
    About the study association: haven't the boards switched already? Or does that happen during the summer vacation?
    My main question: should we meet some time? :D
    As for my story, check the latest page of the Show Yourself thread. ;) :D
    haastregt, Jelle68 and MoreMoople like this.
  5. Haaas :D It's been a while, why haven't we spoken on discord?! We're nuts.
    Welcome back :p
    haastregt likes this.
  6. Heyyyy, haastregt! :D

It's nice to hear from you again. I'm glad that you are doing well and learning a lot. :)

I recently finished another year of school, joined the staff team, attended a computing camp, and started playing my flute again! I hope to be starting actual commissions outside of EMC within the next couple days. :)

You should stop by more often ;)
  7. I don't think I knew that!
    And yes, I agree with your last remark... he even missed Piwi Day! :o ;)
    haastregt and MoreMoople like this.
  8. I hope you find great success finishing your studies! Go kill that studying! Get it done...
    haastregt likes this.
  9. I've seen you around! :) I don't think I am a part of the new folk but I'm not old enough to have seen you active in the old days :p

Nao go study
  10. Welcome back to EMC. :) I've been around for a while, in fact, I think I remember seeing you being active in the community before you left, but it's hard to tell because it's been so long.

By the way, I remember when this user was named Hashog. :)

oh wait nevermind, that is another user...I get the two confused a lot lol.
  11. Um, there has never been a Minecraft account named 'Hashog'... :p In case you meant Hashhog: that's funny. :p I guess the association is caused by the font, in which case I could be both as well. ;)
    But hey, technically, everyone is Hashhog's alt... :rolleyes:
    Burki, haastregt and Jelle68 like this.
  12. I think I have seen you once or twice but anyways hello there :)
    607 and haastregt like this.
  13. Who are you again?
    607 and haastregt like this.
  14. Yes I was indeed planning to stop by on the forums more often :p (I do kind of miss everyone here :rolleyes:). I don't want to give false hope of becoming as active as I once was again though, since I still have a lot of real life stuff going on that I enjoy too and simply not enough time to do everything. :oops: (Oh, and congrats on mod! :D)

Definitely! :D
    Well, for me it was quite a surprise as well.. Around that time I was not even looking for someone, and I met her at a pub (which I would never have expected, I don't even come at those kind of places that often), but when I met her it just happened :p<3.
    And yeah, 17 is indeed quite young, but honestly I don't think age matters that much, I feel at the right place here. Living on my own, independent, making my own decisions, I like it :p
    The boards switch about halfway through the year, but before that you have the candidate board which is being selected which starts after teh summer vacation.

And I think that it'd be nice to indeed meet up some time! I don't know how and when would be a good possibility, since I still have an intensive period now and I'm away most of the holidays, but maybe that is better discussed in PM's :p

Hmm, maybe I could've indeed added a bit about what I have accomplished here on EMC:
    I've spent most of my time on SMP4, I own 9372 which was once a good mega-mall. I hosted one or two relatively big events (for instance my 1000th day anniversary), and some smaller ones here and there. I did a lot of building (I've got some co-op adventurer like residences on smp4, I designed the 7000 (I think) museum building (if it still exists), won some kind of building contest back in 2016), but in the later years I have mostly been active on the forums (I got member of the month in februari 2018). Then I started to somewhat fade into inactivity a year ago.

EDIT: yeah yeah, I'll go study now :p
    607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.