Hi, I'm the_Fairyman

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The_Fairyman, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Hi, so I'm new and I just wanted to introduce myself a little.

I'm an Artist from Luxembourg and Minecraft is my Valve for my neurotic self :-D well I guess that captures about everything there is to say now.

Except for the fact that I love big builds and complex ideas.

Cheers, your The_Fairyman
  2. Welcome to good ol' EMC where your wildest designs are easier to build and work 99% of the time. Hope you enjoy it here!
    JadedKitteh likes this.
  3. Welcome to the Empire!! Looking forward to seeing your creations.
  4. Welcome to EMC, if you ever need anything lemme know :) There are lots of big builds here on emc, you will fit in nicely.
    Moonglum_ and 607 like this.
  5. Aha, so you're my southern neighbor (I'm from the Netherlands). Welcome to the Empire, I hope you're going to enjoy it here!

A fair warning: keep in mind that this is a US based server, so things could be a little dull at times during our usual daytime. But in the evening it's always getting nicely filled. And well... Minecraft is also a bit what you make of it :)

Complex ideas, eh? I like the sound of that. So... question: do you enjoy redstone?

I could imagine that you'd be focusing more on the design aspects in the game whereas redstone approaches a more techncial gameplay. Even so, it can truly enhance your setup as well as add a decent amount of complexity, hence me asking :)

Ok, so now something that I really need to ask here ;)

Who pays you? :D

A question which people wondered about since ancient times ;)

Theme song of a BBC series from 1978 :)

Oops, wait.... :oops: ferryman vs. fairyman.. my bad! :D

(I so couldn't resist, don't take this too seriously ;))

Hope you're going to have a great time here!
    JadedKitteh, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  6. Someone from Luxembourg! Awesome, welcome! :) Just like Shell above me, I'm also from the Netherlands.

Happy to have you here - have fun ingame, EMC is definitely the right place for artists and big builds. :)

If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask anyone ingame or on the forums, as most people are happy to help you. :)
    607, The_Fairyman and ShelLuser like this.
  7. I will :) thank you @Ritunn :) I'm working on a underground City in the Frontier. But it'll take me some time to reach a point where I'll be able to show some results.
    607 and Ritunn like this.
  8. Hi, ShelLuser! The complexity I'm looking for is depth in everything I do. I like telling stories and hard work. So a lot of hours and a lot of details after I get the hang of it. I'm still a Noob here :) I like the Idea of Redstone magic.. I took some programming classes when I was younger so I'm not a total novices in that regard. Even if logical thinking is not my thing really..

To be honest, I live in Luxembourg but I was born in the Netherlands. My Family name is Veerman.. So there you have your Ferryman. The Fairy part is more my wish to create a whole new world. Like Neverland but with a medieval look. We'll see how that goes.

I work during the night.. So I guess my Rhythm is more a american one I guess. My creative "me" time is from 08h00-14h00.

Thank you for the tunes :) I like classical music a lot! But my mind is usually way to crowded to fit in background music ;-) For me as an artist I kinda ask myself this question every time I have to pay a bill myself..

Thank you for your wishes. Everything will be just swell :)

Greets The_Fairyman
  9. Thank you very much TomvanWijnen! I will :)

Cheers.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. Welcome to the empire! You've come to the right place. ;)
    The_Fairyman likes this.
  11. Welcome to the Empire Minecraft :)
    Big builds? Yeah, you came to the right place, there are quite a few who like to do big projects over here, including some really good builders.
    I'm a landscaper myself, if you were wondering, If you happen to need another pair of eyes: I'm always up for helping someone :p
    JadedKitteh and 607 like this.
  12. Welcome to EMC! If you need anything just ask :)
    The_Fairyman likes this.
  13. Ah, welcome!

It always makes me happy when someone actually responds to their own introduction thread, instead of just creating the thread and then forgetting about the forum. :)
    JadedKitteh likes this.
  14. A game can be good, like Minecraft is, but it stays just a game. If there's a community surrounding the game however it becomes part human culture. Culture is a story to be told, a live to be lived and a world to be build.

Cheers The_Fairyman
  15. Thank you Sachrock :) I will.
    Sachrock likes this.
  16. Thank you for the offer Jelle68. I took a stroll through town.. And wow.. I'm happy to have finally made the step to go online. I have a 200-250 hours of building Offline but it's just not the same..

CU The_Fairyman
    607 likes this.
  17. Nice username.
    The_Fairyman and 607 like this.
  18. That's not too much... :p

(That just is my main design world since full. 1.7, (playing since bètha 1.3) once I setteled on a block palette / basic shape for a build, I go to a new one, so thhat I have all the space to fly around it...)

But, yeah, building in a group is always nice. Mainly the feedback you get from people when you post things here always is great. I do also like my "working in solitude for eighht hours straight" sessions though. Never forget there is a such thing as that: I tend to get burned out on my projects way too soon when I don't do that.
  19. Damn.. O.O like I keep saying.. I'm a noob.. but you get only beter with a challenge. Some goals..

On one of my Projects I have only 5days Playtime. But.. only 45 "Games Quit"s. I only play in survival mode. So no flying for me.
  20. Thanks qizx :) What's the story behind your Nickname?
    607 and q1zx like this.