[HELP] Wolf not taming

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by fadedmartian, Jul 12, 2017.

1. So as nooby as it sounds, I cant tame two of the wolves on display at my shop. I have fed them meat to grow up, as well as trying to give them bones to tame them, yet to no avail.

Any advice/reasoning why it wouldn't be working?
  2. Have you tried bones? I tame with bones then give them meat/rotting flesh
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. Tried, and to still no avail :/
  4. Odd. Are you in town or the wild/waste?
  5. If you are in the wild/waste and their eyes are red they sense the mobs and can't be tamed. If you are in town then
    re-egg and try taming with bones again.
  6. I'm in town on 8. I just tried re-egging them and taming them again, still not doing anything.
  7. Are their eyes red? They can turn red if sheep are around which makes it hard to tame them.
  8. Possibly. I will try getting rid of all the mobs around
  9. Or just build a room out of dirt where they can't see outside
  10. First: is this your residence or someone elses? Because if it's someone elses then be sure that you got the right permission flags to perform the taming.

How much bones did you give them? Sometimes it can take a few before they get satisfied, it's really a random factor, but if you went over 32 then you can indeed conclude that things don't work.

Another thing popping to mind: /entc. Check that there aren't too many entities already. Though I don't think this should matter (nothing really changes afterall) there is a chance that it might have some influence.

Finally... You say that you fed them meat to speed up their growth. Make sure they're really grown up.

Mistook my mobs here ;) This doesn't apply to wolves, you can even tame young ones. Which would be my suggestion: don't bother trying to grow them up, just start taming them. Then raise them after that.