[HELP] New Launcher Crash

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Carbonyx, Feb 14, 2017.

1. For you computer science gurus....

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:MinecraftLauncher.exe
    Application Version:1.0.1.0
    Application Timestamp:589c90bd
    Fault Module Name:MinecraftLauncher.exe
    Fault Module Version:1.0.1.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:589c90bd
    Exception Code:40000015
    Exception Offset:00051deb
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:c29b
    Additional Information 2:c29bb41d3022d7aa7f3c5604f48e28f0
    Additional Information 3:5c5f
    Additional Information 4:5c5fe52d9d6e5f5fcebde60ff8bc998f

After trying to run anything from the new Minecraft launcher.

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. If you need more information let me know
  2. A few questions: Are you using more than one account (iow: are alts involved here)? What Minecraft version are you trying to start (modded perhaps?)?

I know this sounds crazy: first thing you can do is close the launcher, press control-shift-escape, go to processes and make sure that no Java instance nor any MinecraftLauncher instances are running. Then wait for 3 - 5 minutes and try again.

Sometimes these crashes can happen because some files are still in use by another process (warning: very rough guess on my part). So far I always noticed that I could start things up again after a small pause.
    Carbonyx likes this.

3. I'm on my phone, sorry for the bad formatting

Normal vanilla MC
    No alt
    Task manager is empty
  4. Is there a way you can post the actual logs that are created? The stuff in the op seem too short for a normal Minecraft error and the real error is likely hiding in the logs.
  5. Remove & Reinstall Forge and Liteloader if you are using them.
  6. Keep in mind: the actual logs are not necessarily those in the logs subdirectory, there's also launcher_log.txt in the gamedirectory itself, that that might be able to shed some more light onto this.

Though not always, sometimes the launcher can actually crash without giving too much hints. One of the downsides of them porting this away from Java (which would nearly always create a stacktrace).
  7. Here you go, the only log I have in launcher_log

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FrHuQOl1jiRO0HMThQra8AZTs-TmTzvRTjSqdgpqzdg/edit?usp=sharing
  8. t
    Tried, along with a fresh reinstall of Minecraft.
    jkrmnj likes this.
  9. is your Graphics card and Java Updated? That is the most common issue.
    ShelLuser and jkrmnj like this.
  10. I think Java is, but I have integrated graphics *shudder* so there's nothing I can do about that (drivers are up to date)
  11. just make sure.... https://java.com/en/
  12. Does your game work if you use a different launcher such as MultiMC?

Also, you can still update your graphics card drivers even if it is integrated. Try using any tools provided by your card's manufacturer to see if there are any updates.
    Carbonyx likes this.
  13. Let me try a different launcher after school today.

I'll look on Intel to see what they have.
  14. So, at least the launcher is no longer invisible. What used to happen when I clicked "Minecraft" is that the launcher would "open," but would be completely invisible, even to the task manager. I proved this by trying to delete certain files. The launcher now opens every time - I updated Java - but still crashes when I click play on any client.

EDIT--- running now with a console open, and everything seems to be working...it is now installing Minecraft

EDIT 2- error message popped up from Windows but the launcher was still working, and now Minecraft is running
    ShelLuser, jkrmnj and AhsokaTower like this.
  15. Sounds like it's running now. I was going to say I had a similar problem of crashing. But that was due to forge being 1.11 and not 1.11.2.
    Carbonyx likes this.
  16. yeah, I did a fresh reinstall of Minecraft and forge as well. everything works now :D
  17. Double post, sorry. Same issue is still back and I'm not reinstalling anytime soon. I'm almost shaking out of pure frustration trying to make this stupid laptop work properly. I really need to find the money to buy a proper computer

edit again- now it's working...
  18. Is there anything else it says when it crashes and you have the console open?

How did another launcher and/or updating graphics go?
    Carbonyx likes this.
  19. If the problems keep occurring then it might indeed be a good idea to consider another launcher. Our own nltimv wrote an excellent guide on how to install MultiMC (a different launcher). If you have any backups you could even consider using the old launcher; all you need is the jarfile itself ("launcher.jar") and start that using Java. It won't automatically update because that's not something the launcher does, but the program which started the launcher.
    Carbonyx likes this.
  20. Everything seems to be working now. I'm not going to touch it and see what happens for the next few days. If the launcher crashes, nothing is in the game output. I think updating Java helped.
    ShelLuser and jkrmnj like this.