HELP! My Puppy is hopeless! ft. My Dog-napping Neighbour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Luneyia, Dec 11, 2017.

1. I am REALLY bored and wanted to make a thread about my "wonderful" puppy Jenevieve, (lets call her Jenna for short) & Boy OH boy, do I have some very interesting stories about her for you.

To start off, she is a chocolate border collie, 7 months and has heterochromia (one eye is blue and the other, brown).

Problem no. 1... Since I brought Jenna home for the first time, she wanders and doesn't know that she's doing it. We live on an old horse farm with cows and neighbours who have horses... etc. Living on a large property out in the bush doesn't help contain her in one area, especially when she wants to smell EVERYTHING! Her attention span is worse than a 2 year old. When Im out and about, I get phone calls from people saying they've found my dog and she has been wandering on the road and I've been so lucky... incredibly lucky to have a caring neighbour who loves Jenna too... when I say love, I don't lie. And this leads to problem no. 2... THE BIGGEST PROBLEM!

My neighbour has spoiled Jenna so rotten its hard for her to listen to ME anymore. Call me jealous, but I don't spend money on a dog when IM NOT GOING TO BE HER MASTER. But get this, my neighbour has her own dog, which Jenna gets along with so well but she ONLY lets Jenna in her house, feeds her first before her own dog and lets her sleep on their bed + couches. Not even their dog gets this spoiled. They feed Jenna her meals and treat her so much that her ever day routine is literally waking up at the crack of dawn to spend the entire day at their house THEN she'll come home and sleep... She's basically not even my dog anymore. My neighbour makes the comment "Oh I'm like her second mother... she listens to me so well... she's such a good little baby BLAH BLAH BLAH.

One time I was home and Jenna went out onto the road. A young girl, my age, stopped and rang me, which then I had to walk a fair way to go get her but GUESS WHO CAME DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD... MYYYY NEIGHBOUR!.. "Oh! Jenevieve is so naughty... She wanders all the time... Hi, Im the neighbour, I usually look after her too..." Lady. NOT. YOUR. DOG. Then guess what she does?.. She calls Jenna over into her car and my dumb dog just willingly follows her and jumps RIGHT IN and they drive off not saying another word. The poor girl just looked at me and said, "Doesn't seem like your dog anymore ha ha..." that day made me really angry. And so this was ALSO the day I learned that my neighbour takes my dog in her car and goes places without my knowledge... GOOD TO KNOW, THANKS!

So rolling into this week (don't worry, this is the main course for the thread... almost done) I got called into work on Sunday and I tied Jenna up... fun fact for you, she's so smart, she slips off everything and anything (I have a mighty collection of collars + harness's to prove). I left for work THEN halfway during my shift, my neighbour texts me

Hi, we are going down to NSW (a different state in Aus than the one I live in) so we will take her with us if thats okay...

10 minutes later... I did NOT reply because I was working...

Went over and she was already off the lead... Have her with us now and will be back around 3pm

... can we just... (remaining calm as I can) You don't go and take someones dog, thats not normal and Im sure its a crime to just TAKE a dog without consent from the owner, not to mention GO on their property and take their dog. I know Jenna enough to know that if she gets off the lead, she doesn't stay around the house so I wouldn't be surprised if they just took her off regardless. *sigh* I was so. Furious.

When I come home from work I always expect to see her because she watches out for when people drive up our drive way, she's a good guard dog like that but my neighbour literally has taken the place of master and she is never home anymore. She knows where she'll get what she wants and that's not from home.

I am currently crate training her, which I've heard is an excellent way to discipline dogs and also looking into obedience classes, however, they'll only start up at the end of summer so Im stuck as to what to do...

Thanks guys if you have read this, hopefully you felt some of the emotions Ive been going through as its frustrating having a puppy that doesn't listen to you when you're its master. Any suggestions or experience would be so, incredibly helpful for me as I am putting as much research as I can into dog obedience. I mainly just want her to stop wandering and going to my neighbours, she needs to stay home.

Wishing you all love and light always and a merrychristmas!
    Roslyn, Sachrock, _Devuu__ and 3 others like this.
  2. Wtf!?!?! She just took your dog!?!? Call the cops!! I mean.... WHO FRICKEN DOES THAT!?????!!!! Next time your neighbor is around just firmly state that it was not ok for her to steal your dog then go to a different state. Say you may press charges and do research to see if it is legal. Fricken people have no respect for other people’s pets. Also, you can show your state’s pet regulation control and show them your pet’s legal documents. Then you proceeded to show them the text message your neighbor sent you, and how you had 0 consent. Then it is charge pressing time!
    synth_apparition and Luneyia like this.
  3. I was close to doing something because I was so mad that she just took my dog. But we're gonna be depending on her to look after Jenna when we go on holidays because they know Jenna wonders... I might just have a stern wording if anything... they are nice people.
    synth_apparition likes this.
  4. hey wait a minute, you took MY dog!
    ShelLuser and Luneyia like this.
  5. I vote for stern wording, especially if you need them to look after her at some point.

You can't just go and take someone else's dog like that. Let her know you're not okay with the sleeping over thing too.

I don't get how they think this is acceptable though, wtf? If someone did that to me I'd probably punch them in the teeth the moment I know they're home.
    Luneyia likes this.
  6. Yea. I've been dropping some very subtle hints at them, I hope they're catching on.
  7. That's kinda messed up, anyway I hope your doggo starts sticking around to you more, just show it countless memes It will love you even more :p
    ChespinLover77 and Luneyia like this.
  8. Maybe try to spend time with your dog more when she is brought home by her captors. Try to not have your dog near your neighbors and walk your dog often to have an excuse to stay away from them
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. JENNEVIEEVEEEEE!!!!!