Help me I went to 1.5!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ErikRodhi, Mar 16, 2013.

?

Diamonds or Emeralds?

Emeralds (They Pretty) 8 vote(s) 40.0%
Diamonds (Duh) 16 vote(s) 80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. First link was pre-release? DANG!
  2. Actually it is not illegal to link them to the minecraft.jar download... As Mojang (owners of Minecraft) distributes the jar publicly to those of whom have paid for the game or not, it is perfectly acceptable to forward the link to someone. The jar alone will not make minecraft work as you need a premium account as well to download the remaining files in order to make Minecraft work.
    Laurencem17 likes this.
  3. You may very well have found a truthful source however where is the evidence to support their point of view? And also may I just point out this article in particular you found is over 2 years old...
    Laurencem17 likes this.
  4. Again I tell you the jar alone is useless... Also you can view and download the .jar from Mojang.com regardless of whether or not you have bought the game. So still not illegal...
    Laurencem17 likes this.
  5. I am confuessed now. Plus all i wanted to do was help people and give them links to the jars. Also for this i mite get into trubble for due to copy right and law
  6. No you won't get in trouble for copyright and law the information you gave is completely okay to give out online publicly :) Don't worry ;)
    Laurencem17 likes this.
  7. Please correct me if I'm wrong but: in a caught of law, I believe that this would be considered "illegal distribution"
    In this case, sharing the location of illegal content.

The One Major Rule

Do not distribute anything we've made. This includes, but not limited to, the client or the server software for the game. This also includes modified versions of anything we've made.
    In order to maintain control of the project, we need all game downloads to come from a single central source: us. We hope you understand. It's also important for us that 3rd party tools/services don't seem "too official" as we can't guarantee their quality. If you wish to make something pertaining to anything we've made we're humbled, but please make sure that it can't be interpreted as being official.
    What You Can Do

If you've bought the game, you may play around with it and modify it. We'd appreciate it if you didn't use this for griefing, though, and remember not to distribute the changes.
    Any tools you write for the game from scratch belongs to you. You're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game, but don't just rip art resources and pass them around, that's no fun. Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, including selling them for money. We reserve the final say regarding what constitutes a tool/plugin and what doesn't.

Sorry for turning your thread into a legal-fest, Erik. :p
  8. So firstly it is very clear that you are trying to twist my words around by highlighting one section of text, ignoring the entire sentence or paragraph. Do you read 5 random words from a 600 page book and then write a review about the book? NO!
    And so your passage is rendered pointless.
    I suppose supplying a link to anyone who can navigate a public forum is distribution of something, however as Mojang publicly distributed the file without a disclaimer there is nothing wrong with copying and pasting a link...
    Fair enough I requested evidence and you supplied it, I do question you though where in the Mojang terms does it say that linking to one of their site's pages is not allowed? I don't see where it says I cannot post a link that they posted in the public...
    Laurencem17 likes this.
  9. That's where the first quote/definition came in lol
    On the same page they say;
    Tadahhh :p