Help me I haven't slept in 41 hours

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by McAwesome_09, Nov 5, 2020.

1. So... I can't sleep... I sat in bed for the whole night with nothing on my mind super tired and I couldn't tried going to school could barly function, came home and tried to sleep... It's been an hour and I still can't... Help me I'm so tired.
  2. The first step is for you to lie down. A bath just before bed helps. I also stopped drinking coffee past a certain point and stuck with water. You're at that point where you may simply pass out while staring at the ceiling.

It is true about caffeine past 7, don't drink it. Stick to water or herbal tea. Same goes for sugar. Don't watch TV either and if its late, remind yourself that everything is recorded, and you can always watch the next episode tomorrow. If you're keeping yourself up with projects, tomorrow is another day. Also, try to figure out what white-noise works for you. My wife can't sleep without a box-fan running. Space-sounds sometimes work for me.
    MaglorYavetil and Stnywitness like this.
  3. I think exercise would be a good... um... thing to do. If you are sitting or not doing much in a day (not saying you did), you might not be very tired when you lay down to go to bed. But if you are exercising and moving a lot during the day (and drinking lots of water), you should work up a good sleep when you go to bed.
    607 likes this.
  4. sugar? :p
    What have you consumed in the last 41 hours?
    UltiPig and Stnywitness like this.
  5. Have you experienced insomnia before?
  6. Are you unable to sleep often? This sounds like an episode of insomnia lol you should go to the doctors, not being able to sleep after 40 hours isn’t a good sign at all. I can’t get sleeping tablets where I live but it might be good for you, if you can, to get some and knock yourself out.

-sincerely someone who does the same thing fairly often and won’t take his own advice and regrets it every time
    sonicol and FadedMartian like this.
  7. Remove all electronics from your reach. eat and sleep. maybe read a book in bed

but probably look for doctors help as others said is best since it has been 41h
    Stnywitness likes this.
  8. Try sleeping upright in a chair with some white noise in the background. (take some Melatonin.)
    UltiPig and Tuqueque like this.
  9. I can find you some calculus lectures... *Yawns*
  10. I think he's asleep. :p (and do hope so!)
    UltiPig likes this.
  11. Some say nice warm milk!
  12. Probably, since it's been 6 hrs since the first post.
  13. Warm milk works for me. Also sitting in front of a fire in the fireplace. Watching the flames move around and the radiant heat. Works for me every evening.
  14. Oh the poor kid. That sudden sensation of falling always ruins the start of a great nap.
    KatydidBuild and MoreMoople like this.
  15. It's Thursday, so he might be at school right now (but getting out soon).
  16. No, at home.
  17. Insomnia is horrible. I really hope it passes!
  18. I finally got some sleep while driving with my dad then 5 minutes later we got our first deer of the season and 5k bucks worth of truck repairs
    MaglorYavetil likes this.
  19. And thx I got 15 hours of sleep thx for the tips
    Stnywitness and farmerguyson like this.
  20. Jeepers! I hope both of you are okay.

That actually happened to me twice. First time totalled my first Mustang and the second added a conversation starter to the front of my Taurus.