Help Feed an Animal Shelter!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Extendingskys_, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Hi, empire!
    I am a Boy Scout of troop 432. I am currently collecting money for my Eagle Scout project. The Baltimore Humane Society Animal Shelter is the beneficiary. They are a fantastic no-kill Shelter with tons of services for pet owners for reduced cost or free, and they are always pushing to get the older or disabled animals adopted.
    My project is to build them a brand new set of warehouse shelves to replace their existing ones. They have an issue with rodents, which eat and contaminate the food for the shelter, forcing them to hide food, throw it away, and store it all over the place to try to protect it. I will be replacing the old, deteriorating shelves with brand new, custom fit shelves which have a rodent proof mesh and doors on them. This will save them huge amounts of work, money, and time. It will also help with sanitization for the animals.
    How can you help? Simply donate to my gofundme page at https://www.gofundme.com/my-eagle-project-beneficiary-bhs
    Any amount is appreciated! Ask your parents! Ask your friends! Ask your friends' parents! I am working hard to raise this money through many other fundraising sources as well. I am writing this in my car at a dog park I just sat at for 4 hours, talking to people and offering them free water and dog treats, to raise awareness and donations.
    I'm fairly certain this isn't against the real money rules, because I'm not offering anything in return.
    And maybe, if an admin is feeling nice, this could be briefly featured on the front page? It's a worthy cause :)
    Thanks for your support!!! The animals will appreciate it, and so do I!
  2. If i was able to donate I would. I'm an Eagle Scout myself! Best of luck with your project!
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  3. I'll talk to my parents tonight and see if they have any money they can spare for this! In the mean time good luck!
  4. Thank you everybody for your support! Thanks to anyone who has donated, it's greatly appreciated. From the other fundraising stuff I'm doing such as going around dog parks and setting up tables, and talking to other donors, and of course the gofundme page we have reached approximately $735.00! This is huge! I appreciate everybody's help immensely! Thank you all!
  5. Last minute bump
    Thanks to everyone for your support!