[Help!] CS:GO Won't Launch

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TechFilmer, May 5, 2015.

1. Sounds about right because my dad has tons of firewalls and antivirus on the computer. I'll try disabling it see if it works.
    just_five_fun likes this.
  2. you should be happy that it's not happening to good games
  3. If that doesnt work try using another computer.
  4. This is the only computer that I have that can handle the games listed.

Correct answer. ;)
    just_five_fun and Nighthawk3846 like this.
  5. In that case......good luck while you try!
  6. Hmm... Have you launched it before, and played it with no issues?
  7. And is your game up to date?

Check this by going into Library, right-clicking CS:GO and clicking 'properties', and then going to 'Updates'. If your Automatic Updates is set to 'Always keep this game up to date', then this is not the issue.
  8. Nope. :(
  9. Its up to date.
  10. If that doesn't work.. you may need to downgrade to Windows 7. I'm not exactly sure if CS:GO is supported for Windows 8.1...
  11. Yeah, I double checked. Both TF2 and CS:GO are not supported for any form of Windows 8, let alone anything above Windows 7 (32/64 bit).
  12. People on steam forums are reporting they can run it on 8/8.1 while others can't. Seems like a hit/miss? Although that doesn't make too much sense.
  13. update windows
  14. Really? Because all of my friends are on windows 8 and they can play CS:GO and TF2. Also my old computer never had this problem and it was windows 8.
  15. I know there are better games on PC but... just get an Xbox One or 360.

Not gonna start this, because I know PC is better but just saying ;)

I have no idea what could cause this, but from what others are saying maybe a combo of your OS and Antivirus? Dunno.
  16. I have looked at how I got passed my 'older games' issues and managed to get a few screenies to help :)

1: Open up the local files for the games and right click to get the properties of the executable file (usually has an icon of the game)
    gta vc.PNG

2: go to compatibility if it allows you and change the setting to see if any of them work :)

3: Make sure you are running the game as a system administrator
    - Try the compatibility shooter and 'verify the integrity of the game cache' through steam

Hope this helps :)
    TechFilmer likes this.
  17. Don't know where to find this. :/
  18. I've tried so many things that don't work I don't even know really what to do now. :(
  19. locate it in your steam library and right click, then go to properties and then there should be a 'local files' button somewhere :)
  20. OH MY GOD IT WORKS. I FOREVER OWE YOU! :D