Hello there!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hiroko888, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Hey, I go by "Hiroko" on most places online. That or "HirokoTheHedgehog," because when I first started using the internet at the age of 13, I was active in Sonic the Hedgehog fandom, and it's a little hard to let it go, lol. I'm an aspiring artist, I've been drawing since I was very little. Mostly fandom stuff and some original characters, or fan-characters-turned-into-original-characters. I kinda hope to get into the animation or video game business someday as a character design artist or something, since drawing characters is what I do best. You can see my stuff on deviantART and my art tumblr, if you'd like.

I've had Minecraft for years now (maybe about 4 or 5? I have no idea), and I still don't really know the intricacies of it at all. I guess you can say that all the details of the sorts of things you can do in the game kinda immensely intimidates me, so I tend to default to just farming and mining and not really doing anything experimental. I've wanted to at least learn how to build a proper fancy little house, but I've found that I have a habit of just squirreling myself away in a hobbit hole dug into the side of a nearby hill, pffft. I'm definitely not an architect, suffice it to say!

I've been looking to join a new server because I missed playing the game with other people. Even if I tend to keep to myself, I really dislike playing Minecraft all alone. It's, well, a very lonely experience, for me anyway, lol. So, I hope this server is a good fit, and that we can have fun together and get to know each other better!
  2. Welcome to the Empire! :D
    I have no idea how this didn't get any posts before... I'm glad you're here! Are you still around? :)
    Hiroko888, ShelLuser and Fubbadub like this.
  3. Welcome to the Empire Minecraft :)
    And, I totaly argee with 607... EMC seems to have it's down-times I guess :p
    Also, if you're loking for some designing tips :rolleyes: I might have made a build guide here...
    Hiroko888 and 607 like this.
  4. Welcome to the server and Hello.
    Hiroko888 likes this.
  5. Ohai there! Welcome to the Empire! We have cookies :p
    Hiroko888 and DrMadFate like this.
  6. Don't eat her cookies they are poisoned go for the muffins
  7. How cruel...You spilled the secret. Hurmph.:mad:
  8. Welcome to EMC, smp4 rules.

On a side note, your drawings are amazing. :)
    Hiroko888, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Wow, how could we have missed that?

A very belated but still well meant welcome to the server Hiroko!
    Hiroko888 and 607 like this.
  10. Welcome to EMC! As always, Beware of smp8 ;)
    Hiroko888 likes this.
  11. Greetings. I am BurgerKnight: moderator, benevolent dictator, and occasional warlock (but that's not important right now). I usually lurk around on SMP8 if you need any help/want to talk about the raccoon takeover of America.
    Hiroko888 likes this.
  12. Hey, a belated thank you for all the belated welcomes, lol. Sorry I haven't responded sooner--I am still around, I've just been a little distracted.

And thank you for the resource, Jelle68. I will definitely be looking there for design advice while I struggle with building my house on the server, haha!

...Also, what kind of cookies? :U
    607 likes this.
  13. Hmmmmm, havent seen this one yet - welcome to EMC , glad you found us :) If you need anything, please ask!

-ET
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  14. Oh the memories, I remember back when I was one of those teens who got deep into the Sonic fandom. I would read many stories people posted on various places, especially those of a certain... couple (the less said about that, the better). About 7 years later, I'm not quite as invested in Sonic as I was, I mostly watch the show and any possibly good games.

Heh, I also spyed some familiar skeleton brothers in that DeviantArt page, as you can see my avatar (until I change it to something else) I love Undertale. To avoid dumping a ton of things about the game, I'll just say this, every time you play that game again you always learn something new.

Your art looks great! I think the lineart for your drawings looks very crisp and precise, I can imagine it took you a good chunk of time to draw the suction cups on Kanaloa, it looks very detailed. For the art style you use, your very good at it!

If you want to chat games on the big 3 gaming companies (meaning those from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft), games on Steam, various videos/movies, and of course Minecraft, you can catch me online or message me on the forums here!
    607 likes this.
  15. Welcome to the Empire, hope you enjoy your time here!
    607 likes this.
  16. Welcome to the Empire! Got any question, just ask. Tons of helpful people here that would love to answer them.
  17. Thanks again for the welcomes!

Lol, I remember reading Sonic fanfic on Quizilla, which is probably a weird place to write and read fanfic when its main draw was making quizzes and polls. I'm kind of the same way with Sonic these days. I still feel a sense of nostalgia for him, at least.

And yep, you spied correctly! If you go a little further back in my gallery, you'll see I've drawn a few other Undertale pieces. I really love the game too, and yeah, I'm a bit obsessed with trying to learn everything that exists in the game, or all the details you could only figure out by messing with game files, like that whole Gaster mystery and all.

Anyway, thank you! And yeah, it does take quite a while, trying to get those suckers to look right. I'm glad that it shows in the end.

Anyway, thanks! I'll be sure to keep you in mind. c:
    607 and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  18. Hello there Hiroko and welcome to EMC where we are all family here :)
    Do not worry I am a friendly skeletin and I wish you the warmest welcome here :)
    607 and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  19. Welcome, my neighbor! My alt's res is 4343, yours is 4344, lol
  20. Hello and Welcome ^^
    I watched you on Deviantart lol, your art is really good :3
    By any chance....do you watch anime?
    607 likes this.