Hello, I am haastregt!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by haastregt, May 8, 2018.

1. Hello, I am haastregt!

I joined EMC on smp4 just a bit over 6 years ago. But I never really made an introduction thread so I guess I should do that… (oh, and I promised 607 that I would make an introduction thread too if he would make one ;P, so that might be a reason too...)

I am a 16 year old guy. I am a high-school student, and I have my exams next week. If I graduate, which I think won’t be too much of a problem, I am going to study mechanical engineering at the university of Twente starting in August. I live in Rotterdam at the moment. Twente is on the opposite side of the Netherlands, so I am going to move out on my own. I think it is a bit scary still at the moment, but I am also really looking forward to it :)

I have an older sister, who is 18 years old at the moment. She also started studying in Twente this year (civil engineering). She is really enjoying her time there. I also have a little brother, who is turning 14 next week. They both are really nice and we are very close, and have always been. I really like that!

My parents are divorced, they both have found a new soulmate though, and I don’t mind it that much since I rather see them apart but happy than together without enjoying it. It is worth to note that they never fought or something, honestly I still don’t understand why they divorced but it doesn’t matter. I live in two homes and go back an forth between them every week. Luckily they live in the same neighbourhood. If anything, I learnt to be responsible because of this. Both my parents are great too :D.

However, when I was younger (until about my 14th year), I did never really have friends. I also got bullied quite a bit, even to the point where someone gave me chronic back damage (although I am sure that it wasn’t intentional, he still did). I absolutely hated to go to school or to have any contact with people (since in my life-experience, all they would do was hurt me anyways), which led to me becoming a game-addict. At this time I got angry very often, didn’t like life, etc. This is also when I discovered EMC.

Eventually, due to all the bullying and stupid school stuff, I decided to switch school. And quite honestly, it is the best choice I have ever made in my entire life. I got tonnes of new friends, I liked going to school again, I learned social skills, got better grades in class, I even fell in love and had a girlfriend (which I both didn’t think would ever happen at that depressive time).

This made me get into a really different mindset. I now try to see and appreciate all positive things, spread the positivity to others and just enjoy life :). It just feels so much better. Of course, that doesn’t mean that there are no moments anymore that I feel bad, moments where things happen that I don’t like (notice the ‘had’ in ‘I even had a girlfriend’, for example ;)). But if everything would always be great, it would not be great anymore but just normal, if you get what I mean.

I am very hyped for the following couple months since my life will change quite a bit. I think I’ll like it though ;)

So nowadays, I am still at EMC but not really for Minecraft anymore but mostly for the community. Although I do often hop in-game to chat with people and build stuff, Minecraft is mostly my second-choice game with my first choice game changing every once in a while :p. If it weren’t for everyone here, I wouldn’t be here anymore either ;).

I really like travelling and seeing different cultures, hanging out with friends, gaming and weird random things that I am in to for a month or two and then don’t have interest in anymore for a long time, like card-throwing, drawing, programming, etc. I play tennis which is really fun, and I often watch movies or series with my family. I’m usually dancing around the house and singing songs out loud when I am home, just because I am happy :p.

Anyways, that was my introduction, have a great day everyone! :D

Oh, also, Moople suggested to nominate someone else to make an introduction thread (if they want to, of course). I am really curious though as to who that mysterious purple dragon is that has been flying around here… So maybe they could introduce themselves?
    And that is how you stop a nomination chain :P.
    ShelLuser, 607, RainbowPony and 11 others like this.
  2. Hey! I don’t believe we’ve met in game, so welcome in that aspect, I suppose ;)
    haastregt and MoreMoople like this.
  3. Whello there, welcome to the Empire :p

16 at Universety? That's quite young... you must have skipped at least one year... :p (or you're at hbo, would that translate to university in English? I don't know...)
    607, haastregt and FadedMartian like this.
  4. Bwahahaha, nice way to stop the chain ;p
    Thanks for making an introduction thread, it was cool to read! :)
    I'm glad that switching schools worked out well for you!
    607, haastregt and Harp4Christ like this.
  5. Haasy! Your already graduating ? D'x wish I lived over there so I could be outta here as well ! Oh well Lol. Your introduction was interesting to read ^-^
  6. 😭 Well, that was.... effective xD

In other things, welcome to the Empire :p we're really glad to have you. It's nice to get to know you beyond just "heyyy it's that cool forum person!" :D

Congratulations on your graduation, that seems like something you've been looking forward to (and working hard toward) for a long time :) Even though I wasn't here for pretty much any of your time here so far, I'm glad you found EMC and decided to stay.

Lookin' forward to seein' you around in-game! (and on the forums, too, i suppose ^_~*)

7. I indeed skipped a year and I am turning 17 in July. But yeah, I'll probably be one of the younger persons around there.

Thanks for all the comments everyone :D

Also, who sais the chain is broken already? Maybe we get surprised ;)
    607, Patr1cV, ChespinLover77 and 3 others like this.
  8. I have mostly only seen you on the forums, however, this is really cool. Nice to meet you! :D
    haastregt likes this.
  9. Never too late to post an introduction! Welcome and nice to meet you!:D
  10. Haas, just keep your attitude. you will do great!
    and next couple months nuthin... your life will never stop changing. its Great!
    haastregt, MoreMoople and Sazukemono like this.
  11. Heyla! I've met you briefly in-game on SMP7, and am glad of the opportunity to learn more about you.

I'm excited for you to be going to university! That is awesome, scary, and wonderful!

I'm glad you were able to switch schools and get out of that toxic environment. I went through similar experiences when I was in school way long and long ago. When my eldest daughter was being bullied at school, too, we actually moved to another city so she could start fresh in a better environment - best decision we ever made.

Hope to see you around!
  12. Welcome back! I stopped myself- Wait that username looks familiar..
    Ha! Nice introduction. I'm in the same boat, not really into MC, but into the online aspects of EMC
    Sazukemono and haastregt like this.
  13. Great read!! :) <3
  14. [quote="haastre I play tennis which is really fun,]

Omg I love playing Tennis and play on my college's team!
  15. Great post! <3 I even read some stuff I didn't know. :)
    If you're moving to Enschede, perhaps we should meet up first... Rotterdam is a bit closer to Amersfoort. ;)

It's not about living here, most people in his level only graduate at 18. ;) Or do you mean time of the year? The exams here are indeed quite a bit before the end of the school year for the lower years.
  16. Welcome! :D

There's apparently still a few other people around who joined way back.

I've only got one question: why mechanical engineering and not a superior one like electrical engineering? ;)

Also, this is my 7,000th post
    haastregt, MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  17. Welcome 2 the server ^.^

SMP4 rules ofc, i guess thats where i know u from :) thx 4 sharing!
    haastregt and 607 like this.
  18. Well, I have thought of electrical engineering too, but I felt like that was bound a bit too much to an already existing basis and that it was focussed on small minor improvements on already existing technology. I myself would rather be as free as possible to try and create whatever I think would be nice. Besides, if I really need some electrical components, I'll just grab them from my dear neighbours ;)