Hello & Farewell

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 00void, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Long time member since 2013, not really the chatty type so you may have never heard of me unless you're on smp1 and saw my 'scary octopus thing with swords sticking out of it' build @304 lol. As life would have it, I missed voting or logging in this past month in time. Logged in to see my res forceclaimed, which of course deleted nearly a decade's worth of items and the rarest promos, I owned two ICC eggnog vouchers to give you an idea.

While I of course wish the player would have claimed any of the empty residencies around it, I know this is ultimately my own fault for not getting derelict protection, or being able to vote/login in time. I'm writing this for some closure and to serve as a warning to other players that anything can happen in life preventing you from being able to play for a period of time. And in an instant POOF it can all be gone. Get the derelict protection. I have a 1700+ voting streak and still managed to screw this up.

All I have left are rupees from voting, a little over 4 million. I will check back in a couple days, and send it all to a random player of my choosing in this thread. No need to write some big thing lol, I'm going to just pick a random name and log in one more time to pay it forward.
    Thanks for reading, and happy mining to all players.
  2. Aw, sorry to hear that, perhaps you could put some of your voting rupees towards a derelict voucher in case you decide to return?
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and sonicol1 like this.
  3. Dang, that sucks. I don't know what else to say, sorry it happened to ya.
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  4. Definately sorry this happened to you as jewel said. Hope you do return, but if you dont, wish you all the best in the future.
  5. This is sad :( Sorry... Wish you all the best!
  6. I would be mad too, all your stuff gone! I wish you well going forward and all the best :)
  7. Oh man, I'm so sorry for what happened... :(

The promos are a shame, yes, but all your hard work and effort, that's not replaceable. :\

My new res (moved from SMP6) is on SMP1 now and I have never seen you before. Looks like some of the OG players who still play are truly some of the silent ones. I wish I got to see your res before it was deleted, because it sound like it was quite a sight. :)
  8. How unfortunate, hate hearing this. I do wish ya luck with what ever you do!
  9. Jeez. Thats really really unfortunate. I hope you do come back sometime, i'd be more than happy to help you get back on your feet. If not, I hope you have success in any of your future endeavors.
  10. Sorry that this happened to you :/

It also happened to my friend when she came back, all her stuff was gone and she had to start over from 0. Heck, most of my old buddies' reses are gone, I mean if they EVER come back, I can only imagine how sad they would feel to see their builds gone :(. In any case, I am also willing to help you out if you ever plan on a restart or coming back on another time. :)
    Alyattayla, Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  11. Sucks to see a vet leave the server if you decide to stick around I can toss some promo's your way. Al-tho they are not any Icc egg nog or any thing but I got a few rares that I will be happy to share.
  12. Im sorry that someone did that. Id hate to see you Leave EMC, but if you choose to Leave EMC will miss you. whatever you choose EMC will always be here if you decide to return.
  13. That is such a bummer! Always sad to see people go, I wish you all the best! Maybe EMC will see you again one day. :)
  14. 2 ICC eggnogs o.o I want one... not that I could ever afford one >_>
    Sad to hear that you lost so much everything. Hope you return someday or find another server to love.
  15. I just viewed the map for smp1. Most of your build still shows but it is obviously glitched because there is a patch of grass in the plot. It looks amazing and I wish I had viewed it before for inspiration. I do hope you stick around EMC and consider rebuilding. Promos come and go but creative minds are rare.
  16. As a fellow smp1 citizen your build was one of the first ones I saw when I actually got into Minecraft. Such a shame the system got you. If you ever wish to come back I'll be happy to help in anyway I can. If not, then I totally understand, take care of yourself! EMC will always be here for you!
  17. void noo a fellow smp1 OG :(
  18. Sorry to hear you lost your res! I've been in a similar situation before, and it was upsetting. :( I wish you the best in whatever you continue on to do. :)
  19. I know what its like to go derelict void, and it ain't a good experience. :( We'll miss u void, and if u decide to come back we'll all welcome you back with open arms. And if u don't decide to come back, that's fine too. I understand how frustrating it is to lose everything. I wish you farewell,

-Stny
  20. Oh no, that sucks! I still remember seeing you around a lot, sucks to see you go definitively. I'm actually in a somewhat similar situation, with a fair amount of promos on my alt's residence, a vote bonus of 1700+, and a fairly busy life. So far I've managed to vote daily for (most of) quite a few years, let's hope nothing conflicting happens to me. :p

I've actually had to deal with losing a lot of stuff from a friend who went derelict 7 or 8 years ago. We stored most of our stuff, which was worth quite a lot in those times, on his residence, which he lost after being derelict for just one day. I was sad for a while, but ended up coming back stronger, and have stayed ever since. So, like I did, please don't let this unfortunate event deter you from coming back, as I'm sure we would all like to see you return again! :)
    Nickblockmaster, Egeau and 607 like this.