{Hello Everyone} Its me EquableHook

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by EquableHook, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Hello Everyone!

So lately as you might have noticed Ive been a little more active on the forums and in game but sadly that will all be going into a short hault until Finals are done. I don't really know why Im writing just bored I guess from all my studying. So I decided to write about myself and share with you guys a bit about me.

So without further a do let me introduce myself.

Hi Everyone my name is EquableHook (Not giving you all my real name sorry =P) I am 18 years old and I live in Canada. Im currently in my first year of university studying Chemistry, with the pursuits of hopefully becoming a Doctor one day. Enough of my personal life lets get into that EMC jazz

So if you /p EquableHook you can probably tell that I'm old... Ive been around EMC for nearly 6-7 years, the insanity. So as you can imagine Ive seen a lot of stuff happen. Such as the first Mob arena taking place in wild. The EMC owner transitions etc. But besides the point who am I really?

So being an old player I have done a lot in the past. My oldest memory to start is actually becoming really good friends with a guy named endermonkey42. We talked a lot but in time we eventually we kind of went out separate ways because ya know were young and its was just an internet game back then. But as it progressed I really became interested in the EMC economy but if you really knew you would know that I struggle with building and that I cannot build for the life of me. So after countless attempts of a mall I pretty much gave up for a while until....

SSRC entered my life. We started with a giant gray wool structure that served as our mall at 3559. My responsibility was stocking the mall and making sure the mall was ready to open. Eventually the mall opened and on the first day. Alexchance you know before he was AlexC__ basically bankrupt myself and Windylava with the exchange of gold. So the mall kind of failed haha but it was all good laughs and me an Windylava kind of just became really good in game friends.

Eventually thought I decided to Skype for the first time and you could probably guess what a little 12 year old sounded like before the changes in the voice lets put it that way haha. But Myself and Windylava talked for hours on end of we wanted to make SMP2 the best server possible with SSRC. Although Im not as crazy as Windylava over SSRC I still feel that I have tried to contribute to growth of EMC somehow while still enjoying the game of MC.

After a while I took a pretty good break from EMC and myself and Windylava went our separate ways. Before I took my prolonged break though I did sell Meghouse a CRAPTON of Cooked and pulled an "Alexchance" on her and bankrupt her of nearly 200k :D.

After coming back from my break I noticed Windylava also came back nearly the same time (Fate?) and we decided to become really good friends with Meghouse and lovelyllamaz (At the time Lovely_gurly) Let me tell you that those first few minutes of our Skype call I was scared CRAPLESS because this was the person who I basically took 200k worth in rupees from. But we all had our good laughs at it and we all become the best of friends. This friendship still exists today!

Then fast forward nearly 1 year and people in our friend group are meeting irl and thats when I guess I kind of dipped out and stopped EMC again because I was just bored of it? During that 1 year though we got a crap ton done. Built 2 gold farms, expanded a huge iron farm built a couple skyscrapers here and there and just bonded. Oh i forgot to mention somehow xxbuffa1oxx also got into this friendship group kind of forget when that happened but he made an awesome addition to that group of people.

Then another big break happened because of some drama between me and other players and I just decided you know what maybe my time has come. I would casually log into EMC making sure that didn't go derelict and just didn't really mingle with any of my EMC friends for a good 6-9 months. It wasn't until about my last semester of grade 12 that I started to play again but at that time lots of our friends had been kind of gone with the exception of Meghouse who still played because she awesome =P.

But here we are to present day playing EMC on and off because of my university life. Ive noticed the time I am on that the community has dwindled quite a bit each time I have taken some breaks buts its always good to see new faces and such.

So presently this is what I can say.
    I have made awesome friendships on EMC (being a really socially awkward person in general)
    I joined something that makes me feel apart of a bigger picture SSRC
    I feel I've impacted the community somewhat but you guys can be the judge of that.
    I have a crap ton of farms and outposts that my fantastic friend group and I have created.

In the end though EMC has brought me really close to some magnificent people and Im not just talking about Meghouse Windylava xxbuffa1oxx and lovelyllamaz. But Im talking about everyone here because I feel that I have met quite few players from the other SMPs

So if you read all the way down to this point just post a comment below about an EMC memory that you have of me in it and hopefully I can do my best to remember a memory I've had with you
  2. Obviously this isn't my entire 7 years of EMC history I just highlighted the parts that are either the most memorable funniest or just downright important
  3. Thanks for taking the time to share :) Enjoyed the read!
  4. Nice. :) That was pretty long. :p
    I don't recall any memory with you in it...
    JesusPower2 and EquableHook like this.
  5. I essentially gave ya the crash course of my EMC life haha
    Windylava and Kryarias like this.
  6. Wow that’s a really cool story.
    Foxy_Kitty and Kryarias like this.
  7. I really liked that story! Maybe when I'm a little old I will tell you about my time on EMC!
    Here's a memory:
    You were online with SSRCcorp (Windylava) on my very first day of EMC and were one of the people who welcomed me. You probably don't remember it but that's all good too :p
    (My old name was Diamondlover1200 but no one needs to know thaaaat)
  8. Foxy_Kitty aka Diamondlover1200. I might not remember this moment but I do remember you coming to the new 3559 shop and I think it was you that I helped around navigating.
    Windylava and Foxy_Kitty like this.
  9. Welcome back mate :)
    607 likes this.
  10. Oh yea! I remember that :p
    EquableHook likes this.
  11. Nice long intro mate. Though i rarely see you in game, it always tends to stand out for me when i see fellow canucks post, and i always see you around the forums.

So i imagine once you graduate you will then become Dr. Hook!
    EquableHook and 607 like this.