Healing 1.3 & 1.3 Recovery Fund

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Still some issues even after the one fix took place. They're still working on it. Just have to sit tight.
  2. I have an iron golem......pretty useless probably going to kill him
  3. Are these issues a priority to fix? I mean, I'm presuming that a fix for these issues will be released before the dragon egg thing right? It seems silly to be adding new features when the current ones don't work.
  4. From my limited understanding... The issues probably will need to be fixed by Justin himself, but he won't have a stable internet connection till the turn of the month. So let's hold on till then at least
  5. Hey everyone, specifically mods and admins. I just wanted to say that I'm glitching really bad today. I haven't lost any items but I was in Utopia getting sand/sandstone and I would walk to try and collect the sand that I just mined and it would glitch and my character would just sit there shaking and not able to move. I just logged off of Utopia in the middle of the desert and went back to my home server. Try again later I guess. Kinda laggy too.

Edit: I'm not complaining, and no hard feelings to anyone but I'm just giving feedback on what I'm seeing regarding glitches.
  6. This isn't something we can "write code to fix". It takes data and evidence to track down whats causing it..

I did not have access to actually do stuff to the EMC servers until today, so I was making use of my time working on the Dragon stuff, but as of today I got access, and I pushed 1.3.2 update to servers.

Hopefully this will fix the issues... I've also made configuration adjustments to reduce lag, and it has made significant improvements...

During the testing, I did some other tests and have finally found the real culprit of our lag... so expect even more updates to finally kill our lag issues soon.

I will be working on lag reduction stuff this evening, and then will resume back to Dragon stuff, but we now need people to test with the 1.3.2 to see if its still an issue.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  7. Thanks I'm glad someone is working on it! I had a few disappearing pistons and as far as I can tell they're back to normal. :)
  8. My brewing stands worked fine about an hour ago, whereas they weren't working this morning (about 12 hours ago). (I'm assuming you're wanting feedback like that?)
  9. Are you serious?! :')
  10. Status update: I think we've narrowed down the problem with stuff to be due to Residence... The issue is our Residence plugin is a bit behind in versions because we have modified it for EMC specific needs, and this makes it more difficult to update...

We are looking into the best approach, but will let you guys know something more when were closer to figuring things out.

Or we could be wrong and it's not Residence, but regardless updating it has its benefits.
    chickeneer likes this.
  11. Right now I'm getting even more problems then I had before, all my pistons are block-x and when I mine cobble it disappears and then comes back as a invisible block that you can't mine.
  12. I wouldn't imagine that updating things would make it any worse...

They know they haven't fixed the problem yet...
  13. My pistons work great!
  14. Pistons we know are still broken and we don't have a fix for them just yet (still working on it).

However, PLEASE report to us here if you get any disappearing items from today forward. We upgraded as Aikar said to 1.3.2 and we're hoping that fixed the disappearing/rollback stuff. The only way for us to know though is by you telling us if it didn't. Thanks!
    jkjkjk182 and MR2R2M like this.
  15. I had been experiencing quite a bit of the rollback thing - hadn't actually lost anything noticeable though... Just now I put together a chest of random items and didn't have any trouble with them up until I tried to grab 2 Diamond blocks from my chest. And of course they didn't make it to my inventory. This just happened a few minutes ago.

That's all I noticed...
  16. I have been noticing minor rollbacks such as when taking items from a chest to my invitory but nothing massive.
  17. Did they just go back to the chest, or did they disappear?
  18. In both cases they just went back into the chests... I haven't had any items just disappear like other people.
  19. Same thing they went back to the chest but what I found weird was that it kept doing it over and over with the same items.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.