Head Drop %?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Euqoram, Apr 9, 2017.

1. So I'm not sure if maybe I'm bugged or RNGsus just really hates me, but back in 1.7~, I had no issues getting my head but ever since 1.8 I have been having a really tough time. I'm pretty sure I've jumped hundreds of times off spawn, random outcroppings, different areas of waste, over hoppers and not, but haven't gotten any heads at all. I've double checked my settings, I am cleared to drop heads on all SMPs, it just doesn't happen. Anything else I can try? Or need to reset something?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Turn your difficulty all the way up (or as high as you are comfortable.) You wont drop any heads on dif. 0. I usually farm on diff. 10.

Hope this helps :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. That's true except that there's no difficulty 0, just 1-10.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. lol :oops: ... fair point
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. :O I see, thanks. I'll give it a shot.
    Edit: Just tested, that seemed to be my issue :D
    Thanks for the tip guys, good to close this thread if mod wants to.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. 10-15% at diff 10

Will add krysyy quote soon
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. 5% is what ive heard
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. It's been pretty good, I've got 3 in about 10-15ish jumps, after the stinking Momentus that spawned right on top of me was finally killed.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. The Head drop percent is 5% on Vanilla MC, although Aikar bumped it up to 15%. The Play Your Own way increases the chances as it does with mobs as well. Back when pvp first came out, it was at 100% as that was a Typo and was supposed to be 10%, but when he found out, he fixed it, but made it 3x above Vanilla...

This is right from Aikar....
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. This explains why I jumped off spawn 37 times a few months ago and never got anything.
  11. there is also a ps setting which deactivates head drops