Have you ever seen a "whacky" staffer"?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Mar 18, 2019.

?

Did you notice staff go "crazy" around you?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2019.
Yes! 7 vote(s) 53.8%
I don't even understand what you're asking.... 3 vote(s) 23.1%
No? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Shell smells funny! :) 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Other (please comment in the thread below) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi gang!

Very important disclaimer: Why I am doing this? Because I am curious and because I care.

Please read before voting:

Have you ever seen a staff member go a little crazy? I dunno: a senior staff member figured he'd "do" something just because they could. For example: build something nice while no one asked for it. Started an ad-hoc event while there was no official event scheduled? Something which seemed out of the ordinary for staff?

Request: DON'T SHARE NAMES!

For reasons I shall keep to myself I request that you don't mention staff names unless you're 110% sure they're OK with it (please note the extra 10 percentage).

Why I'm doing this is simple: events on my profile made me curious about how spontaneous and flexible EMC staff is. This is NOT a poll on how "good" or "bad" staff are, this is me being curious about how often staff can be really spontaneous. There's nothing good or bad about that.

From my point of view staff did a nice job considering the fact that EMC is still going strong despite still being on 1.12. For the record (serious): I'd rather have a 1.12 server which does everything I enjoy(ed) vs. a server which is on 1.13 yet had to dump several popular features just to be 1.13 compliant.

As much as I prefer 1.13 myself I do appreciate and respect the fact that EMC doesn't do hasty upgrades. I'm still having a good time on EMC.
    Raaynn and Eviltoade like this.
  2. I am certain Eviltoade won't mind me mentioning that he used to do impromptu Mob Arenas and more recently he used to hold what was known as Kill Zones. I could mention various other spur of the moment wacky things he may have done but I must run!!
  3. Someone turned a fifth of smp8 into cake one time
  4. Yes! I'm not sure why you ask not to mention names, but alright... this is an ex-staff member, by the way. But he teleported out to my house in the Waste and quite startled me by coming in from the roof. :D This was a while ago, but then again: I haven't played Minecraft much since 2013. ;)
    ShelLuser and Eviltoade like this.
  5. diamond blocks galore? :D jk jk .. lol
    Eviltoade likes this.
  6. Definately have experienced 2 wacky moments personally... as well as three staff that i enjoyed spontaneous events from... as well as wacky cool events.... and i only been here three years.
    Eviltoade likes this.