Have an issue? Let's Talk :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The people that expressed concern are being 'watched' on their posts solely for us wanting to know what they think of our plans of action. We don't mean to stalk. We just want feedback =) they can also pm me if they want...we only want to help. I promise! And as long as they don't insult the community I see as my second family then I welcome all criticism and will discuss any situations people have.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. I'm not going to name any names, but people are constantly trying to act as if they are superior, and as if they are mods. It's getting super old. Simple as that... I'm probably just tired, though they problem I mentioned above is true.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. It wasn't meant as an insult in any way. Perhaps I'm just tired of seeing guys like you complain about the amazing way the Empire is...
  4. To be honest, every member of the community SHOULD act this way. We shouldn't need Moderators to come online and solve problems that the community can solve themselves. If someone spams, tell them not to (nicely). The community should be able to keep most players behaving. Mods step in for the more extreme cases.
  5. I like your signature. :)
    Equinox_Boss, Kephras and Faithcaster like this.
  6. lol definitely. things can be so easily misread in the text form. Mine was intended to be sarcastic (which may have been obvious IRL based on the inflection of my voice). But that isn't really something you can do through a tiny little textbox.
  7. Exactly my point.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Now I'm afraid I am going to be frowned upon everytime I comment or like a post :,(
    Equinox_Boss and Mirr0rr like this.
  9. Glad we are on the same page regarding that. #GottaHaveTheLastWord. jk
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  10. ....lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. You should never feel this way for exercising your opinion as long as you do it respectfully.
  12. I have some beefs with EMC but not a lot.
    1. First off I know this is supposed to Be a PG - PG13 Server but why should you Automatically ban someone for having a username with the F Bomb in it. I'm sure its not impossible to confront the player and tell them that their username is inappropriate for this server and if they have an alt they should use. Also (I don't know this to be true because I'm not into mods/Plugins/Texture Packs n stuff) Isn't there a plug in or mod that can change the appearance of the username that is inappropriate to something less offensive? Ok next one..
    2. If someone is perm banned could there be a grief party at their res or at least have it cleared so there are more open plots for new players/supporters?
    3. When I first started on EMC not too long ago I was checking out /graveyard and I made a comment in town chat on how many people got banned. One of the moderators made a remark that made me think that they were proud of banning so many people. I don't know if they intended to imply that but yeah thats what I felt yup.
    4. I private messaged a group of senior staff on the website to report a large amount of griefing that happened to me in the /wild. After having a brief conversation they asked me to send them pictures of the general coords of where it happened. After I did I never got a response on if it was taken care of, who did it, or if i was going to be compensated for the damage. I sent them 2 replies asking for an update and there was no response so I felt as if either they did not care enough to inform me with the results or they simply forgot or chose not to take action against whomever damaged and stole my stuff.
    5. The least relevant beef i have with EMC is that the prices of diamond are getting too high. IIt went up roughly 15-20r since the 75 days I've been on. I know that new players get them if they find where they're hidden in the tutorial and long time voters get them but is there also a way to give them out to more people or supporters without trying to make everybody rich? xD
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. After this thread brought up the whole "Mods reading our private chat" thing, some of us on 7 were talking and Krysyy logs in to apologize to brit. We all were like "OH GOD SHE READ TOWN CHAT!" but it's just a feeling you get, it'll go away :).
  14. It wasn't meant as an insult, i'm just tired of seeing guys like your complaining about the amazing way that our server is at this time...
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  15. 1. The f-bomb is R-rated. I don't know of a login that could do that. And yes we tell them to get an alt and/of talk to mojang.
    2.the system clears residences as needed. Let me know of specific cases and I can look at them.
    3. The fact of the matter is that with more players comes more griefers, more spammers, and more scammers. I apologize if I have ever made it seem like I was bragging. I don't like banning people but it had to be done to protect the community.
    4. The evidence was most likely not there to ban the person. If this was with me bump it and ill look at it again if you feel it wasn't investigated thoroughly.
    5. I can't change the economy.
  16. Equinox_Boss, 607 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  17. Yeah sorry about that. I was hunting down britbrit.
    People get scared when I pop onto servers.
  18. You are a red dragon, no? ;)
  19. I know what happened here! :D After the ability to colour res messages was introduced, people tried many different things to mess with people entering their residence. One of these was this server message, which I ran across, also (most likely) on SMP2. Soon after, the enter/leave message prefix was born. :)
    Equinox_Boss, jkjkjk182, 607 and 6 others like this.
  20. I did not know that res messages could be colored.. Besides I only use the messages on my horse farm, and the reference in them comes from me playing Psychonauts at the time I got my old res back and made it into the horse farm. People who have played the game get the reference as soon as the get there.. xD "Beware the Milkman" and "Are you the Milkman?"
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.