haunted candy op, pls nerf.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MrAdazahi, Jun 19, 2017.

1. >raiding a nether fortress
    >hes promo gear and tons of loot
    >blaze knocks me off the side of the fortress into a giant lava pool
    >dont wanna lose stuff
    >eat a single haunted candy
    >swim across lava pool, totally unharmed
    >armor eroded but my promos and loot is safe
    >why is candy like this o.o
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  2. You want to nerf the item that saved you and your stuff.... Why'd you even take it to the nether if you thought is was to op?
  3. I agree, the candy could use a bit of a nerf
    SkeleTin007 and BenMA like this.
  4. Apart from the trick of treat event last year it's not exactly easy to get hold of haunted candy. So that should weigh up against their OP'ness.

But another thing: did you wear god armor? Because if so then I can't help wonder if it was your armor and not so much the candy which basically saved you (unless with 'eroded' you mean you completely lost your armor, then the candy most definitely helped out as well).

(edit) from the wiki:

So something tells me it wasn't just the candy which saved you ;)
  5. <-- Falls into lava
    <-- Doesn't want to die
    <-- Drinks Fire Resistance Potion
    <-- Swims to shore

True Story
  6. Would it make you feel better if they added a monster in the lava? Then you also have to fight it when you fall in?
  7. The candy is very OP. Saturation 4 for one minute is infinite hunger for 1 minute, and in 1.9+ full hunger heals you very quickly, so you take very little damage.

But nerf, nah.
    BenMA likes this.
  8. Nerf an item that helped save you and your promos. Why are we just thinking of this now! It should be first priority along with releasing bug infested updates immediately.
    luckycordel, God_Of_Gods and BenMA like this.
  9. I just fell into lava and the candy did not save my life....

I was wearing steel toed diamond boots with diamond leggings...I also had on my diamond Gucci crop top with my diamond pimp hat. The Non-Shiny Edition.. Exclusively @ CraftMyOwnRewards.

You mister have started DRAMA!!!!

#FakeNews from the B-Dude...
  10. I can see it now: a (tweaked) guardian, on fire (with fire resistance obviously) and renamed to "Enraged Shark". Then you somehow disable his laser attack (or seriously nerf it) and instead make it attack players using melee (spikes). OR, even more fun: when you somehow hit this shark it'll call for reinforcements: 2 packs of nether hounds which will be waiting for you at the shores of the lava lake :D

The nether would never be the same again!
  11. An angry mob, led by your mother, is going to be at your res! :eek:
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  12. Nope it was the candy by the end of the swim all i had was diamond helm and boots my iron chest and lega broke
  13. why
    Im making a joke of a post by rhy i think when prancer made a 10 block vertical jump
  14. You madman! Stop giving Aikar ideas! :eek:
  15. When i give candy to my cousin, he becomes likes this, thou...
    MajorHaze likes this.
  16. Make this happen.
    MajorHaze likes this.
  17. I feel like this might be a idea Aikar will do possibly I can say nerf it a bit as well
  18. So how OP is this stuff anyway? Is haunted candy the Empire equivalent of narcotics which can make you do all sorts of crazy stuff? I figured I should do what I had planned in the beginning but so far didn't do because the Netherlands is suffering from a heatwave and I should really consider getting myself an airco. Of course.. knowing Murphy I'll bet that as soon as I have that thing we won't be getting extremely hot summers next years :D

Anyway...

I'm wearing voters gear and stored all my non-soulbound stuff (noticed the shield after that screenshot, also stored that one). The idea is to jump into the lava (with a small leap), eat the candy, turn around and then swim back to shore to see if I can survive.

Well....

I didn't make it...

Although it is true that haunted candy certainly helps you keep your health up it's not as OP as I thought it could be. The damage you take from the lava is considerably more than any health boosts the candy can give you.

But... without any reference it's still not easy to draw a solid conclusion here. So I decided to compare the effect with that of a regular golden apple. After all; that used to be the first thing to turn to if you needed a little boost with your fights (before it got nerfed really hard (though some of that got reversed)).

So....

I still didn't make it by the way...

This picture may look more promising but don't be fooled: 2 seconds later (before I could reach the shore) I was dead. I did the exact same thing as with the candy: I jumped in, then ate the food and then tried to get to shore. I survived a bit longer than with the haunted candy, but it still wasn't enough to save me.

So concluding... I don't think haunted candy is OP. It's relatively hard to come by (unless you have the haunted head promo, then you can get one every day) and regular golden apples will help you out a lot more. And with all the gold farms around these days I'd say it's much easier to get a bunch of golden apples than it is to get some haunted candy.
  19. I like the way you test things, guess a diamond helmet and boots make lava just the small amount less effective to allow the candy to heal you before your hp is completely depleted.

Remember kids, always wear diamond helmet and boots before jumping into lava!

Oh and shel before jumping into lava with diamond helm and boots know that the helm had prot 3 and boots were normal
    ShelLuser likes this.