Happy New Year and an EMC Review Survey!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 31, 2014.

1. We don't even spell it that way :p
  2. "advertising" with a z is the english (uk) way (I looked it up to find out)
  3. I live in the UK, speak British English, and am surrounded by people who speak British English and have never once seen anyone spell it that way :confused:

EDIT: I just realized I spell it that way and don't notice. Ignore previous comments...

ANOTHER EDIT:
    Actually; we do spell it with an 's'...
  4. lol
  5. If a person does it when somebody asks or they do it every so often, it's legal, as far as I can tell. If they do it excessively then it's considered spam, because that's exactly what it is.
    commander_JS likes this.
  6. Um, are we ignoring me and SheILuser?
  7. Maybey you searched an alien planet instead of English dictionary :p it's possible hehe
  8. Hope everyone had a fantastic 2014 :)
  9. It shows up as white on gray for me...odd
    EDIT: found the magic button, so it's fixed =P

Just mark them as average across the board then and add a note in comments.
    I needed it to be required or most people, as seen in the results for the ones that aren't required, will just skip the question in an effort to complete it faster.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  10. It's ShelLuser, with a little 'L'. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. Oops, thank you, I never noticed that! O_o
    ShelLuser and Uber_Corq like this.
  12. ok good because i do it occasionally
  13. Yeah, good times...

That's also me guys, during the weekend or in this case the Holliday season I can blabber a little. I call it ranting or venting, I guess blabbering also fits the description a bit (Hi 607! :)). Still; I always try to make sure that its not just random venting but also contains some useful info, depending on the topic.

Now here's the thing with providing info: it is so stimulating if you see that whatever you shared is actually read and put into use too (assuming its a reasonable opinion you shared of course).

So I mentioned that I really disliked the black color (and also why)... Now, I'm someone who (tries to) re-read (re-evaluate) the things he did / wrote and also checks up on things. Guess what? I also checked the survey again (didn't fill it out again of course!) and what do you know...

Its no longer black on grey (no offense intended above guys, but that design really wasn't that great) but now white on grey.

So yah... I think that's also an important thing to realize; over here, on this server, people will listen to what you have to say. And if its a good suggestion then chances are that its going to be put to use as well.

... even if your suggestion was actually a bit of a complaint of some sort ;)

Oh well :)
  14. i like taco
    commander_JS and 607 like this.
  15. And here I am, spouting my mouth off before reading the whole thread. Oh well ;)
  16. This is an official EMC announcement: Tacos for everybody!!

Not really though.
  17. It started out as a joke and I basically adopted the whole thing. It comes from 'shell user' where 'shell' refers to a command line environment on a Unix(-like) system. Basically it applies to others too of course, to some extend you can even consider cmd.exe (or PowerShell!) on Windows a shell as well. Even so, it sterns from Unix because I'm quite a die-hard Unix(-like) user (even though I also quite enjoy using & administering Windows too, fire and ice? Not for me).

The capital L is a bit silly but also a bit of a joke. Emphases on something I like to think I'm not :p
    commander_JS, 607 and SoulPunisher like this.
  18. taco
  19. ShelLuser likes this.
  20. I'm still steadily getting 15-30 results per day. I put a reminder in-game over the weekend for it.

As I said in the January News thread I won't release all results, but I will make a public graph etc of some of the polls in it.
    mba2012, M4nic_M1ner and ShelLuser like this.