Halloween Event 2020: Zahnenn and Candy Exchange

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Hash said that was unintended and so "fixed" it... three HOURS... end me now
    liamwill and khixan like this.
  2. Oh. Crud :(
    liamwill likes this.
  3. For all worried about long fish times, generally speaking, it should not take that long to catch a puffer. However, I hear the frustration and will brainstorm a solution for the fishing. Might create a pufferfish spawn within the pool if needed. But yes, that was an unintended exploit that arose when we added the Trident-giving button on the wall to accommodate the possibility of players' tridents breaking and getting them stuck.

EDIT: Already have an idea.
  4. On my third run, it took me a solid 45 minutes to get a puffer. Bad luck for me. :p
    liamwill, khixan and UltiPig like this.
  5. For all those frustrated with the fishing time, the following change has been made!

While fishing in the designated area, if you catch a salmon (or a tropical fish, saddle, or nautilus shell) it will automatically turn it into a puffer. This should significantly increase your odds. If this still isn't good enough, we will reevaluate again.

Also, as Moople said, make sure you have all particles on! Fishing goes by faster with it because you're less likely to miss a catch.
  6. #hashfixedit
    Milosaurus_Rex, liamwill and khixan like this.
  7. Amazing! Build team on EMC is top notch!
  8. I need some help, when I got to the squid part of the first challenge, the game crashed, wifi can't handle 100 squids, so I disconnected. When I reconnected it reset my progress and so I played through it again only to find I couldn't catch puffer fish jr a second time, so I can't complete it any more. Is there any way for me to have second chance at the game? Thanks!
    liamwill likes this.
  9. If you still have the trident and the bow, you should be able to just jump into the beast's mouth. You will be stuck redoing the trident course unless an SS is about to TP you back to the stomach full of poison squids.

Also, if your trident got "worn", you can get a fresh one using the button at the start of the trident course.
    liamwill likes this.
  10. I tried to go to the squids mouth and shoot my arrows, but nothing happened. I also lost my trident when I was teleported to the poison squid area, so I am stuck.
    liamwill likes this.
  11. We certainly do not want you stuck Stonks. I'm going to log in and try to replicate what happened to you. Will let you know. Thanks for your patience!

EDIT: 50 minutes later and we can't replicate the issue you're having Stonks.
    I tried, Jewel tried, and Corrupted even gave it a go. We all were able to fish up a puffer and get a new trident. After that, the tp worked fine for us (we all already had a bow).
    Is it possible Fabio Jr has just gone invisible in your inventory? I have seen that happen several times.
    We tried a couple of different things to replicate the problem. I'm stumped. You may need a staff member to give you a hand if it's not just Fabio Jr being invisible in your inventory.
  12. Well done Build Team! Thank you for your hard work!:D
    liamwill, weeh, khixan and 1 other person like this.
  13. Well I tried a few more times and it just suddenly worked (mabey less people on wifi?) Anyway I'm sorry about that you had to waste 50 mins. Anyways, thank you! The build is really awesome I think the design is very cool!
  14. I look forward to trying this.... I'll have to remember the particles back on for fishing.... Otherwise I usually have them off due to lag.

Edit 11/4/2020 - well I tried but my computer just can't handle that number of mobs and put me into swimmode to fit in the hole. One more reason to go back to scraping together pennies for a new computer, if EMC is around still when I finally manage to save enough to get one. Yay student loans. Boo being responsible -.- and paying bills.
  15. That was fantastic little adventure! Thank you.
    liamwill, sonicol and farmerguyson like this.
  16. The Build Team created a hauntingly beautiful world for us to explore. The Stream Team wishes to make sure that beautiful world is preserved in cinematic history for all to look back on. Check out the cinematic showcase for EMC's Zahnenn world:

(yeah yeah, I know, it's a week late. I had busy university week I'm sorry)
  17. That is awesome, thank you Stream Team and Daybreaker!
    liamwill, MoreMoople and DaybreakerMC like this.
  18. Thank you, build team :) I came back for a bit just to check it out. It was my first time using a trident, haha :confused:, but with the help of some helpful people, I figured it out!
  19. I caught a cod and salmon but no pufferfish.
    UltiPig likes this.