Half my Villagers vanished - Bug?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Stagger77, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Lost another one on this res, today (dropping me to 65). The only thing I did on the res was spawn the rest of the 33 eggs I had (did not exceed the 100 ent count limit). I did an entc check before I left the res (had the full 66 I had left from the other day) and then left for the nether. I came back, and one was missing. It was one of the kid villagers that was taken, because the rest were in their stands.
  2. we've confirmed there must be a bug in Entity Limiter as:

utopia:[03:23:09] [Server thread/INFO]: [Empire] [EntityLimiter] Enforcing on kevmeup-2 which is 86 over limit
    utopia:[03:27:29] [Server thread/INFO]: [Empire] [EntityLimiter] Enforcing on kevmeup-2 which is 68 over limit
    There's no way kev had that many over.
    We're going to turn off the auto kill feature of Entity Limiter immediately until we can find the bug.
  3. If I had to guess, it's your boundaries set for the entity limiter. I would check to make sure it's for EVERY RESIDENT BOUNDARY and it's not taking account for other residences.
  4. There is no boundries. Just something is mis calculated with counting or association.

If an entity is ever 'seen' by EL out of its home, its teleported. It simply checks "What res am I on, count it towards that", but if its seen outside of home, itll teleport before its added.

And if it was entities moving across, theres no way 80 entities crossed into kev's res at same time.

We'll figure it out, but hopefully should be resolved for now.
  5. Nice. Thanks Aikar and others of the dev team.
    omarsgifford14 and cadgamer101 like this.
  6. so I take it it's doing good now and no more missing entities?
    WeezerNL, kevmeup and omarsgifford14 like this.
  7. Not so far for me. I'm on my way to getting all my villagers back! ;D
    kevmeup likes this.
  8. Sheep are doing fine.
  9. Doing fine so far. Nothing missing recently.
  10. Thanks for fixing this
  11. My iamcavie despawned just kidding, he vacated to utopia. No missing entities from me
    When can we get our missing stuff back?
    ItsMeChespin and BlinkyBinky like this.
  12. We wanted to wait until it was resolved before working on restoring, but now were good krysyy and SS will work that out now.
    ShelLuser, fBuilderS and cadgamer101 like this.
  13. Me too, no more losses. Restoring?
  14. Is it 100% safe for me to spawn my horses again?
  15. And if I lost a 132 speed horse would it be refunded? (I didn't but just checking)
  16. Good to go for me. I've even ran the entc count up 100 on each res without any losses. Throw my villager eggs back into the fold.

Thanks to busting you-know-what to get it done.
  17. A question though. How do you know the person actually lost the enraged zombie they claimed to have lost?
    ItsMeChespin and BlinkyBinky like this.
  18. Will there be any compensation for the entities lost? I didn't know exactly what went missing but made a pretty good estimate on the form we had to fill out. Just wondering if I should respawn some new villagers now?

Also, yesterday I had a few more villagers disappear from my res. I haven't even checked the horses I was breeding. And I haven't been spawning anything there for a long time, so I couldn't have messed with the entity count.
  19. I have an answer from Kryssy on this! Anyone else who has gotten the reply from her on the solution and willing to talk to me please send PM! I have two legacy villagers that did not despawn.