Half my Villagers vanished - Bug?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Stagger77, Oct 28, 2015.

1. I egged all my horses. Home sweet home =)
  2. OK Folks, Enough of this @#%$&^&! I'm egging all of my villagers. I just signed back in, received the 2 hours 56 minutes since last logon message, and now am missing 9...yea 9 of my 12 villagers that I took time to raise to tier 3.

Since it's Halloween, I'm guessing they turned into ghosts? Maybe they'll come back and haunt me dropping tier 3 enhancement books and other items. Well I guess I can always dream.......

Seriously, eggify your villagers and high value animals folks (e.g. 120+ horses, donkeys, mules, wolfs).

Now I'm just going to pray and hope that my eggs don't go missing... :)
  3. This problem of vanishing villagers and livestock is affecting my shop. I have eggified all my villagers and livestock to avoid any more losses. I will not restock any item that is dependent on these entities. I consider this bug a serious loss of game functionality. It’s just not fun anymore. I end this post with a question: Why would anyone vote favorably on topg.org or any other game board for Empire Minecraft with this much functionality broken?
  4. I've suggested a temporary solution to missing villagers until the bug can be resolved. Let me know what you think: http://emc.gs/t/58605/
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. All my legacy villagers have despawned! These guys had some very special items which are crucial to my shop - this happened overnight, they were still in place less than 24 hours ago.
  6. I myself was working on my farm. Afterwards i decided to type /entc, for my surprise i had 76 (I had 92) at the time. I was puzzled and i decided to check my sheep farm which i have ordered in colors and my villagers which i trade enchanted books with. I lost 9 villagers + 7 sheep. To clarify that i know they disappeared, is because one vanished in front of me where i had it (so 93) before noticing i lost 16.
  7. Did you light the area around the villagers? Was it night/dark when they vanished?
  8. was that question for me?

If so, Yes the whole place has glowstone + torches
  9. Hi,

wondered about a week ago where my Jeb sheep went. Did not think to much of it... figured it was a bug... but whatever.
    Now i stumbled upon this thread... and I'm missing 5 cows on my second residence which is my cow farm.

i can live with the cows and sheep and whatever... but if my villagers start disappearing.... with their traits.. that will ruin my game.

please find it and fix it... for everybody's sake soon.
    MCSaw likes this.
  10. For you and everyone affected :) Just looking for patterns.
  11. Is it possible that the version of 1.8 someone is running could have something to do with this?
    God_Of_Gods likes this.
  12. I'm not a programmer but this sound kinda good considering some are consistently losing their mobs and some are not losing any.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  13. That would explain a client-side issue, but not server-side.
    God_Of_Gods likes this.
  14. True. Nevermind.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  15. No.
  16. Again a cow disappeared form my 2nd residence 15178.
    I have 8 pens and 92 animals (6x12 and 2x10). Breeding gives me 6 per pen, so i never reach 100.
    different pens are affected (previous post there where cows missing in three pens). This is yet again a other pen.

Main residence is OK for now, Released a pig to wonder around. Found him frozen on the road and unmovable. After a while it went back to my residence as it should.

Only thing to tackle this is reporting everything...and hoping some-one will see something.
    I'll be back... i fear.
  17. BTW, I see that there is a new launcher since the 9th of October: 1.6.48.
    I see I'm still using 1.6.44 (from 11th of September).

Maybe it's relevant?
  18. I have another theory I will be sending out an update for tonight.

Can anyone recall any issues BEFORE 1 month ago? About a month ago we had some entity issues as I started trying to fix the marlix dupe issue, but I reverted those changes due to problems.

But I found the source of 1 of the bugs causing marlix dupes, but sadly it didn't fully resolve it, but it was def a change that had to be made.

But I'm wondering if other parts of the server are relying on the buggy behavior... So I'm taking out part of the update that could revolve around this tonight, but honestly Id be surprised if this was it, as if it was I would expect entire chunks of entities to disappear all at once, not singles.
  19. for everyone whos lost an entity, was it located in a spot where there is a wall to the north west?

There is a current confirmed bug we see with momentus that it moves NW every time the chunk reloads, and can end up in a wall.

It's possible this is also applying to other entities too.

Turning off animal damage should prevent them from dying, and ensure your villagers and such have plenty of open room.

But if we can get some confirmation that the missing entities are in NW corners that will help greatly. (which would include any villager in single hole pens like people do a lot...)