Half my Villagers vanished - Bug?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Stagger77, Oct 28, 2015.

1. I'm going to try some troubleshooting of my own...Of course limited since I can't step through their code :)

• I know that AjaxCrypto hasn't lost any animals or villagers ever. However he has his villagers next to his wheat farms and has other villagers harvesting the wheat and feeding the other villagers (that he trades with). So I started feeding my villagers manually. IIRC villagers have 7 slots.
    • I'm going to run my entc count up to a 100, until I get a message (that I can't breed anymore) then see if other animals and/or villagers disappear.
  2. It might not be just the villagers. Some of the others here have said they've lost other entities. I personally haven't noticed a loss in my other entities, but then I don't keep track of those as closely, because they aren't something that give me enchanted books I need to make the tools I use and books I sell.
  3. you just notice villagers missing as you use them
    i dont notice a cow missing in a group of 20 :p
  4. A lot of people are reporting other mobs disappearing other than villagers. I personally reported (I think last week) that my donkey disappeared from my stable in the frontier. It was my only donkey, it was named and I had used it on the days before that happened (I'd almost never use him cause the horses are way faster). He didn't die (from natural causes) as I would've noticed the dropped saddle. I've been in town for the past couple days so I cannot say whether other horses/entities have despawned at my frontier base.
  5. All of my missing identities are...ooops again....WERE on my residence on smp5, not in the wastes or any frontier.
    Does anyone know if any developer (or heck even staff) has looked into this other than Aikar's comment yesterday?

6. Villagers have also gone missing from my res on SMP8. They were in their little holes with glass above their heads and identified by number. I have lost 13 so far. This happened about 12 noon on Wednesday EMC time. I was traveling between this res and another SMP.
  7. lost 2 sheep right now again
  8. This is turning into a nightmare for everyone! :(
  9. We looked into all recent changes deeply and cant find it.

Current theory is that the same issue causing the entity duplication problems with Marlix and such is also related to this..

There's no ETA on when it'll be fixed as we're extremely stumped as to what it could be. it's likely something from the 1.8 update since all the issues seemed to of started then.

If you don't want to take any risk losing an entity, we suggest egging them. I know you cant do that with villagers quite as much though. Please bear with us until we can figure it out.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. *strips and runs around nekkid*

Oh wait... you meant "bear" didn't you...? :oops:
    THIS IS ONLY HUMOR, I AM NOT HARASSING AIKAR ABOUT HIS SPELLING!
    ShelLuser and HannahEB like this.
  11. Whatchu talkin bout?
  12. :eek: That's cheating.
    *razzafrazzin cheatin' admins and their adminy powerz...*
  13. Not sure if this helps but this also happened on my iron farm in the wild. I had mass villagers disappearing. They were all in 1x1 cells, they could not move across chunk lines. They were all in various chunks and I was moving between chunks as well. They were not disappearing due to ent count, as I'm well below the limit.
    Czarina_Julie likes this.
  14. I've had this too, yesterday I lost over half my flock of cows sheep & pigs. Is this the right thread to watch to know if & when it gets fixed?
  15. 1.8 update was a while ago already, it didn't caused villagers vanishing for months, but is spreading massively just recently, as well as Marlix dupe issues weren't heard of before, but a week or about that time frame ago?

My main residence, that constantly gets loaded, due to people visiting it, has dropped down from /entc 98 to /entc 66. All of them villagers, as I did not had any other animals on it. Pattern-absolutely random (at least it seems so), the most hit on the villagers prior 1.8 though. The other residence, I have some villagers on, but isn't loaded by people visiting it directly (can't know if any neighbors load part/all chunks of it or not) is intact.. at least for now.
    Not to push or anything, I know you are working hard to look into the issue, but it would really be appreciated to solve it asap, as there are villagers and trades that can't be restored anymore. Thank you

EDIT: For public sheep farm: out of 4 adjacent reses with 100 sheep on each-1res no sheep lost, 2 reses lost 1 sheep each, 1 res lost 80 sheep.
    Is there any chance it might be caused by an odd chunk loads (them not loading) as of lately?

Inserting this one just as a preview, there are more, overworld as well.
    ShelLuser and Czarina_Julie like this.
  16. OK Folks,
    • I don't believe that feeding your villagers matters. I just logged in and did a \entc. I'm missing some animals and lost a villager (butcher) that I traded with.
    • Additionally, since my \entc count never reached 100 and I still lost animals and villagers, it can't be caused by reaching the 100 count threshold either.

One more item (not sure if it helps), Ajax Crypto is directly across the street from my residence and has exactly the same setup as I (MCPatcher, custom graphic pack, version, biome, etc.) but hasn't lost anything. Not any more, AjaxCrypto was hit today losing animals and villagers

Aikar, I'm willing to be a guinea pig (tester) for any ideas....I can even get my hubby (AjaxCrypto) to help test to ascertain the steps to reproduce (if any pattern exists). Just let me know....In the mean time, thanks for looking into it. I know we're all appreciative of your help.
  17. So do the animals/villagers only disappear when you leave your residence, not while you are on the residence?

I'm just wondering if it is safe to breed horses, then egg them everytime before leaving the residence. Of course there is still the random disconnect to worry about.
  18. Some people did report villagers disappearing right in front of them. I wouldn't risk it.
    MrsWishes likes this.
  19. Thanks for the clarification! I definitely won't risk it now. I'll just have to deal with the withdrawal pains of doing without horses. sigh
    MoeMacZap likes this.
  20. So I decided to start putting some villagers on my other res, in hopes that they wouldn't vanish, because I haven't nearly as many things going on there (so no hoppers or large redstone builds, to lag things up). It just has sheep, rabbits, ice and a few small red stone tests. Still ended up losing three of the villagers I put aside to save as traders. At this rate, I'll run out of villager eggs faster than my villager breeder can keep up.

I also still have a place on the 2nd res that won't let me place a block down. There's nothing but space there, but it won't allow anything to be put there. If I pour water above it, it flows around it. I think I know what caused it, but I'd need an admin there to show how it's happening and help get rid of the anomalies. The invisible block has been taken care of.

(EDIT) - I also noticed a drop in the count of the sheep and rabbits on my 2nd res.