Half my Villagers vanished - Bug?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Stagger77, Oct 28, 2015.

1. This morning I realized just like 20-40 minutes ago. I agree, we need to identify the pattern and cause.
  2. Not sure, I contacted chin about it but nothing happened. Maybe a month ago :confused:
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  3. I reported a much lower spawn rate at my utopia passive mob farm( naturally spawning) about 3 weeks ago. Not sure if its related, but maybe worth mentioning here, as they are still entities
  4. well here it is
    the blue wool is where a villager disappeared (also named once)
    anyone see a pattern?
  5. On the F3 menu there is a chunk id, youll see the coord go up and down as you cross the line.

also minimaps like Zans/voxel map can clearly show the lines.

That does look like a high possibility of chunk lines involved (mins that one oddball by the beacon)
  6. chunks

cadgamer101 likes this.
  7. I once 'lost' a lot of villagers because they moved into the dirt around their pens. They survived and still showed on entc, but I needed staff to help me find them.

Have you checked your entc to see if they might still be alive? Are all the entities on your res still accounted for?

edit:
    Yeah, looks like the walls of the pens are in a different chunk than the villagers.

So imagine the wall of the pen unloads because it in a different chunk. The villager walks out into the space formerly filled by dirt. Then the chunk loads and the villager is somewhere in the dirt.
  8. all entities are accounted
    tho i just found 2 villagers in 1 hole, might be just a mis-click
  9. i lost my two villagers and two pigs that one is cupid, and two cows that one is mushroom cow, and jeb sheep. i dont know what happened.
  10. I lost six pigs, Dancer, another Dancer (unreplaced), Saltar, Rudolph, a villager, two regular horses, and sheep due to the same bug. Another bug cloned my Incitatus, but that problem has been taken care of. This seems to have been happening since April, so I don't have any important animals spawned on my residence anymore.
    tuqueque likes this.
  11. i also had some item frames disappearing
    might be the same problem
  12. I just lost 2 villagers I had in nano farms in frontier. They were in minecarts sitting on dirt. there are 8 animals on /entc right now.
  13. The minecarts are still there. Which I think wouldn't be the case if they were killed by any natural means?
  14. I lost all of my villagers on my third res a while back, and my best guess was that I ran it up to ent limit and was experimenting with boosting over that limit by kiting pigs onto the res with carrots from my res next door. I came back a while later, and all of my villagers were gone. Is there any way animals could have roamed into the area and raised your count?
  15. Also my villagers were stacked 3 blocks on top of each other , bottom 1 gone, middle 2 there, top 1 gone. same chunk.
  16. OK, I thought the first time I lost 3 villagers it was a glitch but now I've lost 4 villagers, 1 wolf, 1 cow, 1 chicken, 1 sheep, and 1 pig. I have an entc count of only 63. Like WTH folks? It takes time and emeralds to get the villagers levels up.

After the first time and some Googling, I even moved my remaining villagers over 40 blocks away from their original placement (each individual villager contained within a block surrounded by fences on 3 sides and a wall from floor to ceiling on the remaining side).

Any idea when this is going to be fixed or should I just take out a EmpExpress (Empire Express Credit) Card and keep buying villagers? Maybe the Empire store could sell them at certain levels too so we all can replace the ones that keep disappearing or maybe they can give them back, maybe even give a credit so we can purchase them? The game is back-ended with a MySQL server. Why not track this issue until it's resolve? Yea, it has some overhead but once the bug is fixed, QA, and released the tracking/tracing could be stopped.

This is getting...is quite frustrating. How can one sell enchanted books (or Armour from villager Armorers) in their stores when you never know when a villager is "going to quit their job" and disappear?

Any help or diagnostic ideas from the Developers (not staff) would be highly appreciated.
  17. Allicanto, Was this happening when you would remove an existing frame say, to move it? If so I found a work around so you don't lose your frames. You need to knock down the block/wall behind it and then occupy the same block that you just knocked out then chop at the frame. It won't disappear or bounce/fly to some location you can't see. I know it takes a bit more work but since I've been doing the work around, I haven't lost any frames.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  18. no i have a storage and each chest had an item frame on it with the item in the chest
    i once came on and a bunch of chest (all in one chunk i think) lost there item frame
    it just disappeared, and nobody had the flags to do it
  19. Allicanto, It can be done...it's only Java. However to do it for each member that this has happen too would be quite time consuming...not hard...just time consuming. Not to mentioned validating whether the player/member is telling the truth. I doubt that they are tracking changes that occur very frequently (e.g. raising cows, eggifying, trading with villagers, etc.).

Maybe a some type of "Residence Validation" could be added to the logon and log off procedures. So when you log off the procedure would take inventory of your residence (Librarian at 123 64 789, level II, Deals:Fortune III;Lure I;Protection IV) and it would be stored in a table in the DB. When you log back in the logon procedure would query your player record in the table, retrieve the record set from when you last signed/logged off, and compare to what you now have. If there are missing villagers, they would have the coordinates, level of the villager, and an array of all the offers/trades that villager has so it could be easily recreated. Of course there's a a bit more like a procedure that would run if someone you granted rights to killed or eggified a villager while you were sign out.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  20. I think it's odd that it's only villagers. Has this happened to anyone in the wild with a mob other than villagers?