Hai Peeps!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Yixomua, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Hi all. I've finally decided to write a little bit some stuff about myself. ^-^

I first joined back on December 1, 2014. My old name was MinecraftPro771. I quit EMC in early 2016 after losing interest. But I've been back and procrastinating since August of 2017. I finally decided to change my name from when my brother had this account (not very creative) to what it is now. I am enjoying my time on EMC - it's fun and unique, and the community is great. I like multiplayer better than singleplayer in general. If you ever need anything, I'll probably be able to help you out.

About me aside from EMC:
    My interests are gaming, politics, memes, annoying people, programming, hardware, and computer science in general. Using a potato for gaming and other things you shouldn't do on a potato isn't great, but it gets me through. One of these days, I'm going to build a PC. My favorite candy is Swedish Fish (reply with what yours is). I'm probably "too old" to have stuffed animals, but whatever.

I try to stay organized and get things done sooner than later. And I have all the OCD and am quite detail-oriented. I'm right between being an introvert and extrovert, though I'm a little shy around people I don't know. I am quite opinionated and stubborn, but indecisive sometimes.

My current focuses in life are pretty much school and my personal interests. I try to focus more on my interests than school. There was really only one time I've been bullied, which was when a person with a group of people decided to punch me in the face while I was walking away from the school with my friends. And a few times when people were just being racist. But nothing much.

Wow I didn't expect to put this much on this thread. If you still have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments.

- Yix
    607, cubefragment, Noebadi and 9 others like this.
  2. Your amazing Yix! Glad you came back ^_^
    Yixomua and luckycordel like this.
  3. 0/10 wasn't helped when asked

Kidding your an amazing player and hangs on smp7. Even better :p
    Yixomua and luckycordel like this.
  4. Welcome back!! I remember you from the old days, we used to pvp together :p
    607, luckycordel and Yixomua like this.
  5. Hey!! Even though you give me a hard time for being vanished daily, I love you still!! <3
  6. Nice to see you return! Welcome back :)
    Yixomua, luckycordel and Eviltoade like this.
  7. Welcome back even tho im newer than you lol
    607, Yixomua and luckycordel like this.
  8. Nice introduction! Pfff, never too old for stuffed animals ;)
    My favorite candy is milky ways!
    607, Yixomua and luckycordel like this.
  9. Welcome back and super intro...

Favorite candy ? I think maybe Turtles.. though chocolate in general is a good substitute ;)
    Yixomua, luckycordel and MoreMoople like this.
  10. Welcome back!:D
    Favorite candy - Haunted Candy
    Yixomua and MoreMoople like this.
  11. ocd yet you dont use torches to light krys base ;)
    luckycordel and Kryarias like this.
  12. Hey Yix! Your a very good helper and the only reason I ask for help is so you can get off that terrible SMP7 server. :p. Just kidding, your a very nice person and I love to have you around.
  13. Wondering who you are... BUT NOW I KNOW!
    also i noted you like to program and do nerd computer stuff. good luck on getting dev if your into it :)
    Yixomua and MoreMoople like this.
  14. Welcome to the Empire, I hope you're going to enjoy your stay!

"oops" :D

Even so, I think that's funny because I joined EMC around that time as well, which I think is cool! :)

... or maybe not. 2014? Has it really been 4 years?! :confused:

What's your favorite programming language?

Just keep well in mind that even though school can be boring (trust me, I know :confused:) it still is important. Of course, if your hobby is computer science (for example) then this could also mean you're even pushing harder in your education which can be a good thing. Just don't lose focus!

Also... never underestimate the value of self-study. When done right it can be invaluable.
    607, Yixomua, Noebadi and 1 other person like this.
  15. At the moment, JavaScript. Of course, it's not a fast language and mostly used for the web, but I like how it lets you code as little or as much as you want. There's no code structure you have to follow, you don't need to declare accessibility levels and types, and everything is quite intuitive. Could change as I get into new programming languages.
    I put school first. Sometimes I probably dump too much effort into things because it takes a while until I like my own work. I just simply don't like the pace it goes at for certain things.
    607, Noebadi, ShelLuser and 1 other person like this.
  16. Welcome! I'm a new person, just a nobody on smp7, and kind of like it. You left because you got bored????
    First thing to catch my eye is "One of these days, I'm going to build a PC." I've build a few, with lots of advice. Loved it, even wrote a tong in cheek article about it years ago. Only piece of advice I will give (which you already know but other people are reading): once you start to buy things, keep going, they go out of date fast. Buy your processor and graphics card last, I suppose, and sink as much as you can into those.

Linux is fun: wanna talk?

Best candy : White Chocolate Kit Kats.
    Yixomua likes this.
  17. I've played around with Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS, and I've actually used it for a while once because I didn't know how to reinstall Windows back then. I've never got Wine to work on Linux. Plus, I even played on EMC with a trackpad for a month or so! :p
    But of course Linux doesn't have the good privacy of Windows and all of the Windows updates, of course.

I'm probably not going to build a PC until 2 years later, but the graphics card and RAM prices should have come down by then. The SSD prices have pretty much come down.

So question for you: Team Red or Team Blue?
    607 likes this.
  18. I didn't know Yix back in the day. I have only been here 2 years. But once I meet him, I got nothing but good things to say.

Has helped me out a few times, when I need it the most.

One of my favorite players on smp 7, where we both reside.

Seven is Heaven on EMC. :p

P.S. Favorite candy Corona and Crown, with a side of reeses cups.
    607, Yixomua and MoreMoople like this.
  19. your not a nobody on emc. everybody is a somebody. also gg on the pc

best candy: Reese's peanut butter cups :p
    Noebadi and Yixomua like this.
  20. Red if its legal and can be undone (so for me, it's just fun knowing red), blue is my practice on a day to day basis.