Hacked

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Bonditt, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Hi guys I just got a call from apple saying the mac book I own has been attacked by someone useing spynet or something, they have informed me with the fact that my email password and money that I had in my account has been taken out. I am REALLY sad about this And are trying to contact them in a call now ! It started off with my minecraft not closing then me joining and minecraft would shut down, to where I would be texting friends and my mac would freeze, to the point that I couldn't do anything. ...

Update 2 hours later: I finally got it killed turns out if it come up with an apple logo and it says to pay money you need to call apple asap, it was more like a hoax and apple gets calls like this daily, the Indian guy that helpped me was very nice and told me what to do. So if you ever get something like this don't try to fix it it self, just contact apple
    Equinox_Boss and Vortixin like this.
  2. I've heard of this happening and it really is a horrible thing to do or to have happen to you. Sorry this happened and hope everything goes alright and you get refunded if that's possible. good luck!
    Equinox_Boss and CallumDAKing like this.
  3. Did you contact Apple directly? Do not trust a number that pops up on your screen.

I'm always getting calls from guys saying they are calling from Microsoft who say I have a virus on my computer. There is also some malware out there and web scripts that do this sort of thing. Don't trust them. If you think you have a virus on your PC take it to someone you trust if you aren't sure how to deal with it. A stranger who contacts you to "help" you does not have your best interests in mind.
  4. I did call them at the store
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I got a call once from a guy with an East Indian accent telling me how my computer has been hacked. I laughed in his face and told him to prove it. He told me "You are a Fool, Sir!"

Five minutes later he was stupid enough to call me back. I said, "Aren't you the guy that told me I was a Fool?"

He responded, "Yes, you are a Fool!!!" and hung up on me.

I haven't heard back from him since.

I thought about reporting him to BUY FROM THE TAJ CAFE
    YOU WILL LOVE TO EAT SAMOSAS AND Kabuli Cholay
    It is a good day for America!! You can end your day with warm belly and ENJOY https://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/nc/indian-trail/computer-repair.htm
  6. Yes, we have no bananas.
    Equinox_Boss and CallumDAKing like this.
  7. bump
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Meh, ransom ware happens. Not much to about it.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Yups, my parents also once got a call from "Microsoft" who told them that their computer was hacked. A very good remedy for this is to ask the "helpers" what your IP address is. Don't give them any information, don't tell them anything, don't even tell them if you are (or are not) using Windows or Mac. Just ask 'm what your IP address is.

In case you don't know yourself: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Here's the catch: how would they know that your PC is "hacked" without knowing your IP address? That's simply impossible. Yet the catch is: they won't know your IP address, because they're frauds.

Best & most efficient way to deal with this nonsense: "So what's my/the IP address again?". They won't answer, they can't answer, so you'll know it's fake for sure.
    CallumDAKing and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Apple will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER call you about your computer. For one, they have no ability to remotely access the status of your computer (as far as I know.) There is absolutely nothing they can do remotely if your computer is compromised. For two, apple doesn't give a rat's behind about if your computer is hacked. DO NOT GIVE ANY INFORMATION TO WHOEVER CALLED YOU

EDIT- your computer was most likely not hacked in the first place. It became hacked after you called Mr. Indian Apple and allowed him to install a program that allows him remote access, so he could install ransomware.
  11. I am double posting because Yolo swag. Whoever you called was not Apple, and probably some guy and his roommate in India. Read my post above as to why you never call "Apple"
  12. At this point try to just reset the thing to factory presets and just download everything from there. If you havent backed your files and you do this you should get in the habit of backing your files up