[Guide] Stuck in the Wastelands?

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by PenguinDJ, Mar 12, 2015.

1. This post is inspired by recent events. I've met several lost players in the wastelands and seen some pleas for help. I thought it'd be great if there was a central guide to refer to if you're lost.

So you're stuck?

Okay, first thing to do is calm down. Really, you'll read better if you're not freaking out. Chances are you weren't freaking out, but it's always best to take precautions.

Second, you need to find out where you are. If you're lost, chances are you are in one of 4 worlds. Do /p <yourname> to find out which world you're in. If it doesn't tell you, do /map show and try again. There are guides on each, along with some helpful tips on each, below.

I'm stuck in the Wastelands (Overworld or Nether)
    • Using the Map
      • Do /map ingame
      • Click on the link (smp#map.emc.gs)
      • You'll see your name on the side. Click it.
      • Scroll out until you see a yellow square. There should be 9.
      • Head to the one closest to you. Hover over the square to get its coordinates.
      • Go to those coordinates.
    • Using Coordinates
      • You can shortcut using the map and getting the coordinates you need.
      • The X and Z coordinates of any wastelands spawn will be one of three things:
      • So, if you're at 1,573 X, 3,121 Z the closest outpost will be at 2,000 X, 2,000 Z
      • Head to those coordinates.
    I'm stuck in the Frontier (Overworld)
    • Using the Map
      • Do /map ingame
      • Click on the link (smp#map.emc.gs)
      • You'll see your name on the side. Click it.
      • Scroll out until you see a yellow square. There should be 9.
      • Head to the one closest to you. Hover over the square to get its coordinates.
      • Go to those coordinates.
    • Using Coordinates
      • You can shortcut using the map and getting the coordinates you need.
      • The X and Z coordinates of any wastelands spawn will be one of three things, but there MUST BE ONE 0!:
      • So, if you're at 8,674 X, -11,213 Z the closest outpost will be at 10,000 X, -10,000 Z
      • Head to those coordinates.
    I'm stuck in the Frontier (Nether)
    • This one's simple - just head to 0 X, 0 Z. There's only one Nether Outpost.
    No, you don't get it. I'm STUCK in the wastelands and can't move.
    • PM an online Staff member (/staff) or PM Senior Staff on the forums.
      • This is a bug. The wastelands have a border at 4,000 blocks from the Center outpost and sometimes you can get stuck.
    Stuck in Town?
    • /town - Returns to the Town spawn (center of Town). Alternatively, you may use /spawn.
    • /res unstuck - Moves you outside of the residence you are in.
    • /home - Teleports you to your first residence (if you have one). If you have more than one use /home #.
    I hope you found your way out. If not, feel free to post here, PM me, message any online Staff member, or find me ingame - I'll always try to help.

-PenguinDJ
    L3A8, cdjs1987, 607 and 4 others like this.
  2. Wonderful guide, great job. In case a new person doesn't know, pressing the f3 key is a way to find your current coordinates. If you have f3 on when you die, you can write down the coordinates before you click to respawn so you can find your lost stuff easier.
  3. I just figured I'd throw it in there for the fun of it - you never know!
    tuqueque likes this.
  4. Stuck in Town?
    • /town - Returns to the Town spawn (center of Town). Alternatively, you may use /spawn.
    • /res unstuck - Moves you outside of the residence you are in.
    • /home - Teleports you to your first residence (if you have one). If you have more than one use /home #.
  5. nice write up, good info thx:confused:
    tuqueque likes this.