GUIDE: Starting/Maintaining a Shop

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by kilmannan, Mar 1, 2012.

1. No, that's it. Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it a lot.
    fBuilderS likes this.
  2. slight fix on your instructions - specifically #4
    for the fastest way to fill out shop signs

line 1: (leave blank - it will auto-fill with your name & bonus!! will auto-change if you ever change your player name)
    line 2: type the quantity of items you are selling or buying (just type the number, nothing else)
    line 3: type the price you sell for : the price you buy for (just type "100" if you only want to sell items)
    line 4: type #

when you are ready to finish your sign, it will look like this

#

Then it will tell you that your shop sign has been partially created, you must click on the shop sign with the item in your right hand to finish the sign.

Doing so will complete the process and the item's id will be auto-filled on the sign.
    Correctly.
    Easily.
    Done.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  3. Yup! :) I'm still from the age before # shop signs, so I wasn't really sure what was best nowadays. :p

One slight clarification I'd like to add though, regarding line 3 (because I thought ot was slightly confusing): on line 3, you have 3 (lol) options:

- "100" — that sets the selling price to 100 rupees per quantity on line 2.
    - "100 : 90" — that sets the selling price to 100 rupees per quantity on line 2, and the buying price to 90 rupees per quantity on line 2.
    - ": 90" — that sets the buying price to 90 rupees per quantity on line 2.

:)

The spaces in between the numbers and the : could/should be left out too, I just can't remember from the top of my head, and this is the most clear anyways. :p
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  4. that was well explained for line 3

:)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.