[Guide] How to migrate legacy MC account w/o email or transaction ID

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Extendingskys, May 19, 2022.

1. Hey all,
    I've been locked out of playing MC on my primary (legacy) account for a while now because of the forced migration and I thought I was doomed because the support kept telling me that they couldn't help without the email or transaction ID (I have neither, the account was a gift and the email doesn't exist anymore and can never be remade). However, today I was able to migrate my account without either and here's how:
    1. Make a ticket here with the category "account support" and the subject "change account information"
      1. It's important you choose these options - If you make a ticket for account migration like me and many others, then rather than getting real minecraft support, they direct you to an "expert minecraft gamer" who have no ability to do anything but answer questions and migrate accounts from email or ID - they can't help you if you don't have those
    2. In the body of the ticket, explain that your email is lost for whatever reason - email was shut down, hacked, doesn't exist, owner was a parent who passed away, whatever. Ask them if they can change the email address on your account to the email address associated with the ticket instead.
    3. It will take a few days because their real support staff are bogged down right now, but eventually they will change it for you and tell you that you have to migrate your account
    And that's it! I figured I'd share that this worked for me because I know quite a few people who were boned by the migration due to similar circumstances. Hope this helps someone!
    PetezzaDawg, maudlynn, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. Thanks for this! I knew that people have got their email changed successfully, but I've heard from a lot more that they couldn't manage to. It's good to have a written account of how it was done!
    I wonder if this works for everyone. And hopefully it won't be abused... because it sounds like it could be. I don't know exactly how my brother (Folk_Rocket) got his email changed, but he was a bit surprised at how easy it went, as he figured someone else could've pretended to be him and get it changed to their address.
    Extendingskys likes this.