Guardian farm of my own design.

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by TransitBiker, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Hi. I am finally actually constructing my guardian farm for use by builders & shop keepers. There will be a second, public, farm after this one is up and running. Transportation to/from each farm will be provide. The main farm will be secure and protected for only builders & shopkeepers have access.

The main inspiration came from watching mumbo jumbo build one on his hermitcraft series. After tinkering a bit with block layout, spacing for water, etc i think i finally came up with a balanced design that maximizes spawn area AND rate while also maximizing kill rate & drops per hour.

The lone dirt block is going to be the lava level where the guardians get fried. Below that will be a huge array of hoppers, which lead into a storage area which i am still fleshing out the final details on.

https://imgur.com/a/PQBZo

- Andy
    tsharpe21us, Tuqueque and Gawadrolt like this.
  2. Oy vey, i got the spacing wrong! Gotta rebuild the sides one block out each so the thing is centered haha!! Started placing partitions (blue/clear alternating block) and signs, thankfully unaffected by this miscalculation!

- Andy
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  3. Ok, so the spawn chamber has come quite a long way. I have mined out enough space for the air block below the spawn area where the guardians will fry in lava, and space for the hoppers below that. Collection/storage will be concentrated into several double chests near the front of the spawn chamber a few blocks beneath. Once the rest of the area is dried out & the lava and water placed, and the roof put on, i will expand the collection/storage area to feed into shulker boxes supplied by shop keepers & builders. The shulkers will be named and kept track of. Shulkers will be exchanged once full. Details o this whole system will be fleshed out in the coming weeks/months.

Once this guardian farm is complete and i'm satisfied with its performance etc, i will start work on the public guardian farm. This farm will be of a similar design, however there will be no access to hoppers, only the single double chest for the output collection.

- Andy
  4. it is looking good. i have a farm on smp4 if you want to come and take a look sometime let me know.