[GRIP give-away] Great balls of snow! :-)

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Jul 18, 2017.

1. (if you want to skip all the theatrics, just scroll down to the "The event" header)

:D

Hi gang!

Introduction

So yeah... As some of you may know or may remember GripCEO is an alt which I use as piggy bank to hold the GRIP funds. GRIP, in case you don't remember (or are still somewhat new) is a non-profit organization with the main intent of helping griefed players. Before the awesome anti-grief update it sometimes happened that players found themselves griefed. In those cases GRIP would step in and refund a large sum (if not all) of your items in order to help you get going again (where the accent always was on building materials so that you could quickly repair your stuff).

Over the past months I noticed that GripCEO had also build up quite an impressive amount of tokens. More than 90k! I consider all of GRIP's rupees as community property, so what about those tokens?

Well, I suddenly had an idea...

Why not give those away? Also.... why not also add a small catch to make this more challenging? ;)

The event

9 10 balls to rule them all... In the land of Empire Minecraft, where Aikar develops....

The prize: 9 10 AVA launchers (What's an avalauncher?) & 2 Blizz'Ards noses (What's that?).
    1 Avalauncher & 2 Blizz' noses kindly donated by Crazy_X_Gamer.
    The twist: 1 winner per SMP. 1) 2)
    The judge: The always fair & unbiased AyanamiKun.

The challenge: Please share why you would like to win an ava launcher, try to be creative.
    The failsave: Also share your favorite number in case Aya can't come to a decision.

The End: This event ends in 2 weeks tops (6th of August) OR.... After Aya has liked 9 posts in this thread. Aya's likes define the outcome: if she likes your post you're a winner.

1) We'll be using /res list on your name and whatever residence is listed as your first will be considered your home on your home server. In case you don't have a 1st res then common sense will prevail (example: you mixed things around and got 2 residences on SMP8 and the one on SMP9. Then the majority counts: you'd be counted as an SMP8 resident).

2) 1 Ava launcher & the 2 Blizz' noses don't follow the above rule, so even if Aya liked a post there's still a chance :) (that's probably going to be a mutual decision, I dunno yet).

Your event organizers:
    This snap serves no purpose other than looking cool :cool:

Good luck everyone!
    khixan, mjnoe70 and WardleDeBoss like this.
  2. The Challenge: I want it because it's fluffy and cold, it will cool me down when I'm bored... It's not just a snowball, it's stress ball aswell.
    The Failsave: 17
    khixan and ShelLuser like this.
  3. And time for a small bump.
  4. I want one so I can throw it at Runder 24/7
    Number: It is 17 but I will choose 18 for this :p
  5. And a small bump.
  6. I want one so I can have a snow ball fight whenever I want and no one can stop me :p
    Number: 216 just in case
    AyanamiKun and khixan like this.
  7. I second this notion for Sach winning.

I want one so that I can have a snowball fight with Sach whenever I want.
    13, just in case.
  8. Sooo 15. (wow lots of low numbers)

One of my residences is slowly being transformed in to a winter wonderland future home for some polar bears. ....5 to be exact, I even have names (just made up now) Blitz, Grizzle, Tower, Anger and Charlie. You always have to have a *Charlie , sorry, just one of the rules. Once I have everything in place, we'll get that biome operation, and then I would use my brand new snow ball tossing machine to fill their home full of snow! To boot I can stand on top of my villager breeder and throw snow balls (and the occasional villager <-- messy!) at them from my main res!

Actually, I know it will not let me use the snow and I'm not sure I want to win but I can't help but post in these things for the fun of it.

*We have pure bred Shih Tzus and we used to have puppies. My kids would always name one in each litter Charlie.
    khixan and AyanamiKun like this.
  9. I would like to have it since I'm trying to get a stack of them, so that I can truly say I'm inconvinceble. (which James Bond movie was that? "I'm inconvincible" and then the building falls on his (evil) head) And you know, I share everything with TomvanWijnen and sometimes things get a little hairy, and I always like to have a way to say him I'm right.

For the fool-proof method, I'll take 68, (you'll also find out my main res is 968)
    TomvanWijnen, khixan and ShelLuser like this.
  10. And an evening bump...
  11. lol, why do i always have 2 do the hard work? ^.^

picked 1 winner, gonna think about the others.

i told shell that i think every1 should win if the event ends with less then 9 ppl entering and he agreed.
  12. I'd like to just wack my friends with an endless amount of snowballs to cool them off in the hot summer months....also gotta go with my lucky number 7

13. :D

can we get pic? ^.^

gratz, 2 more winners! imma poke shelly when hes back from afk 2 send 1st 3 prizes 2day.
    Sachrock likes this.
  14. 21. I Have An Friend Mr. Thommylicious, And I Think Me And Him, Should Get Some Revenge On Those Endermen, Maybe Snowballs? Maybe We Need Revenge Cause They Tend To Get Triggered When We Look At Them. And Then They Chase Us Into The Void Of Triggered Memes. And No one Wants To Be A Meme, Am I Right! http://imgur.com/a/teGH2
  15. First batch of prizes (3) has been sent (Sachrock, Rundercaster & mjnoe70).

3 down, 6 to go (I cans do math :D).

+ 3 runner up prizes.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  16. Wanna know why I want one? So I can scream GREAT BALLS OF SNOW at someone in PM, throw it at them, then just... leave.
    Comedic effect, yeah?
    Oh, there's supposed to be a failsafe. Huh. 13, in that case
    mjnoe70, Ryan_A_ and ShelLuser like this.
  17. Thanks for the avalauncher :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  18. I want to win one because I want to launch an infinite balls of snow at people just for fun and at mobs. I also want this cause it because Ava and Shel are hosting this giveaway and they are coolz :p

Failsave:32
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. I want to win obviously because I would love to randomly throw snowballs at creepers just to make them angrier :p

My failsafe number this time is good ole number 19 :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  20. I want to make a snowball fountain