Grinder Making Service

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Daffy22, Aug 4, 2012.

1. How about if i show u probably next week, and u see if u can combine them u should see if u can look at some vids
    if u can't then i will ask u to make another separate grinder
    Also instead of paying 10k could i give u a double chest of Blaze Rods (worth way over 10k)
  2. Well I'll have a look but I'm 99% sure I won't be able to connect them. As for pay I don't accept anything other than rupees, I suggest you just auction them and get the rupees that way. :)
  3. kk
  4. if your talking about moving a spawner to a grinder, no. they cant be moved. They only way they could be connected is by simply having one kill room with the two grinder "kill spots" in the one room.
    As for connecting them with water.... water cant be placed in the nether so thats way out of the question.
  5. Or you could use a piston conveyor belt.
  6. That might work but I don't think I'd be prepared to do that, plus it would be terribly inefficient.
  7. maybe not but there are a lot of other factors involved and it would be very difficult to set them up correctly. I can only do stand alone blaze farms.
  8. Things work way different on EMC to single-player and other SMPs.

Trust me on this, from experience... connecting two blaze's with a piston-conveyor is more trouble than it is worth.

I've done it. And spent hours and hours trying to get it to work well. The system "skips ticks", mobs glitch out, and generally it's a pain-in-the-bottom.

Don't do it. Just make two, close to each other. FTW.
  9. I spent hours trying to connect blaze spawners for EMC in single player and as Herb said, it's pointless. Make them side by side. :)

Also, be careful when purchasing a dark room spawner. It depends what server you play on - if someone has a grinder on the same server it's unlikely that mobs will spawn that much :)
    Herbrin3 and coffee_bullet like this.
  10. Actually, I've quite successfully connected 'em on single-player; moving them with piston-conveyor - and it was very effective.

The problem mostly comes from SMP "skipping ticks" in redstone - so sticky-pistons can "jump out" and/or leave the attached block behind; which means the whole thing gets jammed up, and you've got a whole bunch of angry blazes in the way of fixing it. And it'll jump out again anyway. So yeah... not worth it here but, it is actually perfectly do-able on single-player.
  11. Ah yeah. I didn't bother with the conveyer belt idea, I was using lava and water to push. :)
  12. Yeah, they totally misbehave in liquids.But a row of stickies pointing "towards you" with regular pistons attached pushing "right" each time the stickies push them forwards - acting on the "legs" of the blaze - does work, on single-player; and it's quite groovy.
    AlexChance likes this.
  13. Is anyone wanting an ethoslab blaze grinder?
  14. So you don't make Cave Spider grinders?
  15. I could have a go at a simple crusher.
  16. Yes you can. Buy ice from the EMC shop, place it in the nether, let it melt, Fine :D
  17. I've got some free time tomorrow and it's 99% likely to rain so if someone is wanting a blaze grinder I'll do it! :)
  18. Why are you all focused on blaze spawners? I have a feeling you want rupees...
  19. Partly but dont we all want rupees :p
    I'm eager to try a blaze because I havent done one on EMC yet, only in single player.