Greetings Good Squires!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jeniusplay, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Hey everybody, Chris here! I'm from the UK and living in the UK with my American wife (with my ultimate quest being to drag her onto MC and, more specifically EMC also - might as well get some additional rupees out of this marriage).

I've ashamedly been out of the Minecraft loop for a few years now, but recently I haven't been able to resist the itch and have come crawling back on hands and knees 😂

This is only my 2nd server experience (the first being Shaboozey, just to give you an idea of how long it's really been since my previous MC days). I'm not used to online gaming as I'm normally wary of the kinds of folk I might encounter, but now I think you know what, that's a pretty sad way to look at it, there's a heck of a lot of good folk you can meet too.

I spent a while looking at servers and EMC seems to be exactly what I'm looking for: a well-presented economy server with a welcoming community (and I'm sure I won't be disappointed)!

What you'll expect from me? Friendly but most of all respectful. Probably too many meme or otherwise pop-culture references (if that's possible) and a hazy memory of the mechanics of MC, so I apologise in advance if I ask something that seems incredibly basic.

Feel free to say hi. With a marriage and full-time job I can't promise I'll be online super-regularly but I'll do my best!

Cheers,
    Chris.
    Krysyy, CarFryer, Rhycicles and 7 others like this.
  2. Haha, I loved this. :D

Great introduction, welcome to the Empire! :)
  3. Welcome to EMC! Hopefully you enjoy your time here!
  4. I can tell you're British...

Welcome!
  5. Welcome to EMC, hope your stay aboard with us :)
  6. Heya Chris! Welcome to the Empire. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! EMC has an entire wiki full of useful information, and it's a great resource for learning more about EMC's special features.

We have a great community here, and we're glad that you've joined us. See you around! :D
  7. Welcome to the Empire Chris!

If you need additional help finding your way around, or learning the commands on this server, shoot me a PM or find me in game!
  8. welcome to EMC and have fun, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
  9. Heya Chris!! Fantastic introduction, you will fit in here nicely! Welcome to the EMC family! If you need anything please don't hesitate to contact me on forums, or chat at me in game :)
  10. Equinox_Boss and jeniusplay like this.
  11. Thanks for the welcoming words everybody! Also thanks top benny for the rules link and moremoople for the wiki link, intrigued to see what kind of events are in store once I'm settled in my res 😁👍

Speaking of which, I can normally be found on SMP3 (res 6394) but will also try to make appearances throughout the other servers of course.

Oh and, for those following the superbowl tonight, enjoy! Kick-off is 23:30 for me so it'll be a laaate sleep.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  12. Ah, did you manage to enter Krysyy's contest in time? :)
    jeniusplay and Equinox_Boss like this.
  13. To be honest, this is the first I've heard about it (unless it was mentioned in chat, in which case I need to pay better attention), so I guess I'm too late :D oops!
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  14. Go Away!!

Oop.. sorry. Wrong skit.

I mean Welcome to the Empire. Plently of freindly normal people on here... so ive heard a rumor anyhow.

You have definitely found the best spot to join.
    jeniusplay and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. Welcome to the Empire! :D If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
    I'm looking forward to seeing you in-game sometime soon!

-CarFryer
    jeniusplay likes this.
  16. Ah, as you might have seen now it is pinned to the home page of the forum. :) It's a good idea to check it a few times a week, as the most important posts are usually put there! Especially posts made by staff are often pinned to the homepage, although threads by regular members have been on there as well. :)
    This is also where you're most likely to find out about new promos, if you don't want to keep doing /promo in-game just in case, and keep being disappointed when you only see the New Member's promo. :p
    jeniusplay likes this.