Grass

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Releias, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Yeah, that's good. Just wait for a while, and it'll slowly spread along here. On places not connected to this though, you'll need to manually put a grass block, or make a dirt staircase the grass can (slowly) spread across.
    ComicalCanine likes this.
  2. hmmm
    maybe
    I have it in a tower style so I've got a ladder going up
  3. Grass doesn't spread along ladders :rolleyes:
  4. XD lol
    well YEAH
    but theres the top block though?
  5. I can seriously recommend the Minecraft wiki for problems such as these:

https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Grass_Block

So to quote:
    1. The dirt block receiving grass must be within a 3×3×5 range of the source block where the source block is in the center of the second topmost layer of that range,
    2. The source block must have a light level of 9 or brighter directly above it,
    3. The dirt block must have a light level of at least 4 above it,
    4. Any block above the dirt block must not reduce light by 2 levels or more.
  6. wat .-.
  7. Basically:
    1. Make sure there's grass really close to the dirt you want the grass to spread to, and make sure that there's no solid blocks directly covering that dirt
    2. The grass that's spreading has to have a lot of light by it
    3. The dirt you want the grass to spread to also has to have lighting on it
    4. Any blocks above the dirt block shouldn't be reducing the light levels
    TomvanWijnen and ComicalCanine like this.
  8. ahhh I think I have enough light?
    WayneKramer likes this.
  9. The reason the grass isn't spreading is one of three reasons... There isn't enough light, the grass is getting eaten by the animals faster than it can grow, and third you need a water supply for the grass to grow where animals will be eating it. Water help the grass spread faster when animals are eating it to quickly.
  10. Grass doesn't need water to grow
  11. It doesn't but I've found it helps to have a block of water in an animal enclosure. To me it just seems to help curb the effect animals have when eating the grass. Like it helps spread it faster.

Edit: though it could just be wishful thinking... :D
  12. I'm trying guys lol
  13. I think this is one of those "best in game" reviews by about anyone. There are likely a few ways to fix it, move it or get it to travel... I will be on in roughly 1 to 1.5 hours from now if you are on and it is not fixed, grab me from smp1.
  14. I checked out the res... It's spreading... Spreading at a snails pace but it's spreading.
  15. yeee
    its FINALLY spreading <~>
    like molasses in the winter during a blizzard but hey its progress
  16. I can't believe it took until the 2nd page for someone to mention that you didn't have enough light lol
    Rayaan5235 likes this.
  17. That wasn't even the whole problem, there also just wasn't even grass in the area where he wanted it to grow
  18. can't have wooly sheep without grass <~>
  19. So technically that could turn grass into a non-renewable resource in Minecraft?

What if you had 900 trillion sheep? :confused:

(yes, I know any computer would crash far before there were 900 trillion sheep in a world :p)
  20. well of course it won't grow out of the blue, it isn't blue, it's green (unless you're PurPLe sHEp, in which case it'd be BluE, not (ugly) blue) any way, you're using sun/glowstone, right (works with torches, but as per my experience, it's a LOT faster if you use glowstone or some equivalent or better source of light) any way, good luck on getting grass! P.S., I guess it could be blue, if you're from kentucky! :D