Good Samaritan Award: WINNER ANNOUNCED

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Hashhog, Mar 22, 2015.

1. You're able to quote multiple things in one response. Just click reply on all of them and they'll all show up in one box. Do not spam with responses to different quotes.
  2. VL;BRIA (Very long; but read it all)

As usual you're being diplomatic, reasonable, and helpful... I think I know why you got on the list sir. :)
  3. This habit of mine has offended others in the past. I sincerely apologize that it's now offended you.

Others, in the past have been so kind as to point out to the offended that in each case I was, like now, making different points to different posts, therefore, technically not spamming.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  4. *votes, even though only knows like 2 people on the list that are only on the same server*
  5. why thank you
    but liek you can do this and its so much less ocd offending lol
  6. Understood. I have untreated (due to med conflicts) ADHD. This means I've completely and thoroughly loused up even single replies, utterly losing them. Attempting to juggle things as demonstrated is beyond my limitations.
    Gawadrolt and crystaldragon13 like this.
  7. I'm sorry for this.
    I am actually partially OCD. My friends call me that, at least.
    Perry_Stahlsis likes this.
  8. Once upon a time I was in a band with a friend who has severe OCD. It's good we were friends and understood each others limitations and were able to usually laugh them off and speak maturely to each other when we couldn't.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  9. I have a perfectionist friend too :)
  10. Yeah. He was way beyond perfectionist. Cracked hands from too much hand washing... among other physical issues resulting from his compulsions. And he was ridiculously nice.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  11. There are plenty of ways to say thank you to helpful people, ways that cater for a larger amount of people. Everyone makes EMC what it is, i cannot stress that enough. The people on the list only scratch the surface. And there a lot of people who do good deeds and don't get credit for it, and also people that don't make it obvious they do so. Catching the eyes of these spies isn't a fair way to do it, as you said they are not online always, and neither are the players.

I can understand why you've done it this way, so you can handle it but even a simple thread on the forums where people can say thank you to each other, mention names, and show their appreciation is a lot better of an idea. That way its not out of control and everyone can be involved.

No one expects perfection, but this could easily of been done better to make it fairer. Doing one for each smp would of been better, prizes or not. It would of at least give more people the credit they deserve.

As i said before the reason behind it was good, the idea just lacks.

I'm speaking my mind, if it seems harsh i apologise. If you all hate me for doing so i will gladly leave. I'm not here to ruin your fun, i was just saying what could be better for the majority.
  12. I see nothing wrong with awarding one player. Even if that player was not the most deserving, and the rightful winner was overlooked in the Spy Nominations, the player(s) who are truly here to help will continue helping, whether or not they receive an "unfair" award.

That's not to say a few extra rupees hurts, but it doesn't make or break the community.
    Gawadrolt, SoulPunisher, 607 and 5 others like this.
  13. Well, if you have such strong opinions, rather than post them on this thread, why don't you go out and do some of the things you've suggested? You've come up with a lot of good ideas, and I can see no reason why you shouldn't just go out and make them happen if this is such an important matter to you. :) Believe me, I understand everything you're saying, but wouldn't it be far more beneficial to do all these good things yourself rather than just post about them and (if I may be honest) bring negative energy to a thread that was intended to be an enjoyable project? :)
    We definitely don't hate you for saying these things (you're just speaking your mind, and everyone should be able to do that here) , but just as you enjoy the right to speak your own opinions freely on the forums, I also have to right to express my thoughts on things, and I think that this would be a far better course of action for you to take. You seem to love the community of EMC just as much as all of us others, but you have to understand that constantly posting like this even though you have been fully acknowledged by multiple players isn't doing the Empire any good. :)
    Kephras, Deadmaster98, 607 and 10 others like this.
  14. Hashhog beat me to it :)
  15. -claps furiously-
    Deadmaster98, 607 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  16. New signature, here I come! ;)
  17. I'm leaving EMC, why i even bothered typing what i did i do not know. I am in the middle of deciding whether or not i should give all my things away or not. I do not have the mentality to carry out what i have spoke off at this point, it was intended to try and change this contest the next time around, so more people could be included and praised. So others and more people got what they deserve. Its up to you if you want to implement something, and if you feel people deserve it.

I won't say anymore, don't want to bring more negative energy in.
  18. You know, there are a lot of good people who just didn't make the poll. Oh, well.
  19. First: I'd like to request (all I can do) that we leave it here. This topic is obviously a lot more sensitive to Nami than we realized and.. lets not go there, ok?

Please see your PM's.