Good moments in 2021

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MoreMoople, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Hey everyone! I would love to hear about the things you enjoyed in 2021. You can share as much or as little as you want, and it can be about EMC or real life. Here are a few (optional) questions to get your thoughts moving:

• Do you have any accomplishments that you would like to share?
    • Did you spend time with family and friends?
    • Did you work on a cool project on EMC?
    • Did you help someone?
    • How did you spend your free time?
    • Did you watch any good movies?
    • Did you hear any good jokes?
    Please remember to keep your post within EMC rules. :D
    ------
    This year I spent a lot of my time on EMC working on Build Team projects, which was super fun. I love seeing builds come to life and watching different people in the community come together to explore them and complete the challenges.
    I also joined the Developer team earlier this year, and although I have a lot to learn, I've enjoyed driving chicken insane working on code. ;) I'm really looking forward to being able to help out with more in the future once I find my way around.
    In real life, I graduated from high school! I also started studying Computer Science in college. Back in August I was able to leave my job at a deli and start working for the ICT Department at my school, which has been wonderful. My coworkers are great and the job is much more aligned with my interests. :)
    I hope you all had a great year! I'm very thankful to have the opportunity to get to know all of you :D
    (I might add a bit more later, but right now Mr. Wuffles is attacking my monitor again!)
  2. Oh Moople, I love you! Great thread idea and OP. :)
    I'll think about what I'd like to write here! We're going to have dinner soon, so I'm going to set the table. :)
    Zomberina and MoreMoople like this.
  3. Thanks for inspiration! Tomorrow after test i will do document about that!
    Zomberina, UltiPig, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  4. In 2021 I joined a student's association! It has been quite fun and I've also learnt some things through it.
    In 2021 I finally got to teach coding, a position that I'd applied for twice before.
    In 2021 I became chairman of the committee responsible for my study association's magazine, which has sometimes been a struggle but also a gratifying and educational experience.
    In 2021 I made my best YouTube video to date, of which I am really proud. https://empireminecraft.com/threads/my-best-youtube-video-ever.85132/
    In 2021 I learnt to use LSDj, the tracker (type of music composition software) for Game Boy music, and one of the most famous trackers in general, something that I had been wanting to do for a very long time.
    In 2021 I got to test and use a brand new tracker, and made a track that greatly delighted the program's creator.
    In 2021 I joined my study association's theatre group, to get an experience that has always seemed very fun but I never dared getting into: acting.
    In 2021 I followed music courses at university, through which I gained a lot of knowledge that I have a lot of fun applying, and started listening to classical music as a bonus.

Wow! What a lot of great experiences! And I'm not even sure that I didn't miss some very notable ones! It has been a blessed year indeed! :o ^.^
  5. W1ther's Good moments in 2021
    Year to year, time to time..... Christmas is event which we remember everything we do in that year. Today, like other years i will reveal my good moments i encounter in 2021.

(note: / mean "to" or -)
    First of all, at first year, is covid 19! Since 2020, I experienced very long covid lockdown but this also bring me more time toward to my laptop.
    Jan/Mar 2021:
    Still as usual life, but better
    April 2021:
    Have a yearbook day with my friend and lead teacher. That day is fun and interesting too!
    May/ July 2021:
    -New headphone in June/2021
    -Long break since 30/4
    -Online class instead of offline class, make me relax like at home
    -Teacher create much condition to make us less stress as possible, to focus on national exam
    -Last class day (30/6), is memorial day which all of my classmate sang together…
    July/Aug 2021:
    Loooong break! Do anything whatever I want!
    Sep-Dec 2021:
    Meet emc peeps and join emc! New friend, new community and anything! Now currently i'm adapt very quick, thanks to that!

Just like me in high school for first time, expand everything, relationship, experience! Why not?
    Thanks emc to fills up my sadness and depression, boring. Now I just need mc account to play everywhere instead of waiting for hour to download AAA games
    Thanks god, my TRS friend is nice, they help me. Also teacher, which I explain everything and she gave me second chance! Woohoo!
    The military course isn’t hard and teacher lets us pass easily. Big thanks to him

(P/S: Passed drum theory, but i fogert to talk it here, oops)
    Conclusion:
    This year is my favorite year, so I just want repeat this year again and again!
  6. late to the party but oh well

Bit of a dark one, but... I think I got through the worst stages of the grief over losing my dad. I was quite numb to his whole dying process as it was happening in the hospital, being more concerned on making sure my family were okay; then I felt nothing about the whole thing until his funeral; then the reality set in and wreaked mental havoc on me until January 2020; then my family clearly started to suffer a bit and I went back into 'make sure they're okay' mode; it all collapsed like a stack of cards in October 2020, when I went to university and was alone for the first time in a year and forced into self-isolation (due to coming into contact with a COVID-infected person). Coming into 2021 I felt a lot of rage, sadness, and pure melancholy. I developed a chronic pain condition, which was likely latent and triggered by grief, that I struggled with all year. But I got to about September and the whole acceptance phase was completed, I didn't have a minefield of a mind anymore, and my migraines got less and less frequent to the point of going from a weekly (sometime bi-daily) occurrence to a monthly one. I feel like I'm in a spot where I can move forward with my life.

I also dropped out of university! That's not an achievement I'm proud of, per se, but I feel better than I did while I was there. I started in September 2019, had to suspend in December 2019 because of the whole bereavement thing taking too much of a toll on me, restarted in September 2020 and COVID made my entire first year miserable, and I started this academic year in September hoping to have a normal year for the first time and make the most of it - lo and behold, Student Finance England refused to pay my £9,000 tuition fee and I dropped out once and for all on December 12th because I'm sick of being screwed around with. I dunno where to go from here - I'm stuck on the bottom rung of the ladder with the only way for a working class person to start climbing up it now completely blocked off, but oh well my ancestors coped well enough (just ignore that they're all alcoholics and died of stress-related diseases LMAO).

Nowhere near as much as I'd like to.

I visited my vulnerable 72 year old nan once last year on her birthday in June. That was probably my last time I'll ever see the version of the nan I know - when my mum and sister visited her on Christmas Eve her mental and physical health has nosedived and her dementia has gotten a lot worse to the point she's forgetting to eat. It was nice to see her for the first since early 2020 on her birthday though.

Haven't seen my aunt and uncle and my cousins since December 2019 either. We were supposed to do Boxing Day at their house the other week but we had to cancel because my uncle got COVID.

Got to see my friends for the first time since February 2020 though! Had a Halloween party and went clubbing before everything got shut down again last month :)

Staring at walls and playing Dead By Daylight.

Love and Monsters, Godzilla vs. King Kong, Dune: Part One, and Spider-Man: No Way Home 😏
    __Devil_, Zomberina and MoreMoople like this.
  7. Hmmm... Things I've enjoyed in 2021.

Well, I ended up expanding my pet family this year. Got an additional dog from the pound (Blitz) and picked up a free kitten at the local vet after my daughter went back North (I live in the South). I've also enjoyed helping my now 20 year old son officially "launch". I know 2021 has been terrible on kids fresh out of high school. He got ripped out of his freshman year of university in 2020 thanks to COVID lockdowns. I moved down to the coast and he followed, loved it and ended up finding a different career pathway. His achievements make me feel good as a mom with all the struggles kids have right now breaking into the world and becoming independent.

I've also enjoyed getting back into EMC a few months ago. I'd stopped playing for a few years because things felt stagnant. Other things I've enjoyed is creating a successful business. Granted I've been running it for a few years now, but COVID made it take off. I went official and created an LLC too, which was scary and exciting.

I've also enjoyed moving past some emotional blockades that have held me back for awhile. I mean, with isolation comes retrospect, right?

Oh, and I discovered I like making Tiktoks. XD My kids hate me now. :p
  8. Spending time visiting and going camping with my family!
    Zomberina and MoreMoople like this.
  9. Wait! Did 2021 even happen? I’m drawing a blank on the entire year..

Let’s see,

January: Can’t remember
    February: Valentines event on 8. I love giving things away. I believe it was and AncientValentine something I don’t remember.
    March: I stepped down due to low availability and feeling burnt out on Minecraft.
    April: I don’t think I played.
    May: Idk
    June: idk
    July/August: Finally got demoted after stepping down.
    September: idk
    October: playing again and had a giveaway for AncientHalloween heads. 6 years on EMC!!
    November/December: Played the most in these two months out of the entire year.